Stormshadow Guitars?

What's Hot
deloreandelorean Frets: 224

Has anyone tried Stormshadow guitars?

I’ve got my eye on something on their site which looks really nice – on paper and in photos - but I’ve never played one, so dropping £1k+ on a guitar by a maker I’ve only learned of in recent months, and when I have no idea how they feel to play is a little daunting!

On their website they describe the neck as a “slim C” profile, but I’m not sure what that means in terms of radius.  I’ve always been a strat guy, but at the moment, I’m leaning more toward flattish necks – along the lines of Jackson Soloist’s/Ibanez Prestiges, so I’m hoping this guitar might fall into that category. 

So I was wondering if there was anyone out there who owns a Stormshadow with a slim C neck profile, and how they compare to the likes of an Ibanez Prestige/Jackson/Strat ?

Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MikeBMikeB Frets: 176
    The company posts on here themselves.

Username is just company name so if yoy tag them in I'm sure they'll answer the neck profile question.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2576
    tFB Trader

When considering buying any product and you have questions it is always a better idea to contact the seller with your questions
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/107331/new-stormshadow-guitarworks-builds-bench-thread-whats-happening-at-the-hq#latest

Above is their build thread.

Should give you more of an idea of what they are about...

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • deloreandelorean Frets: 224
    Thanks guys! =)
  • I bought a Hiscox guitar case from Mr Stormshadows. A pleasant and easy transaction IIRC :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • StormshadowGuitarsStormshadowGuitars Frets: 1218
    edited August 2018 tFB Trader
    delorean said:

Has anyone tried Stormshadow guitars?

I’ve got my eye on something on their site which looks really nice – on paper and in photos - but I’ve never played one, so dropping £1k+ on a guitar by a maker I’ve only learned of in recent months, and when I have no idea how they feel to play is a little daunting!

On their website they describe the neck as a “slim C” profile, but I’m not sure what that means in terms of radius.  I’ve always been a strat guy, but at the moment, I’m leaning more toward flattish necks – along the lines of Jackson Soloist’s/Ibanez Prestiges, so I’m hoping this guitar might fall into that category. 

So I was wondering if there was anyone out there who owns a Stormshadow with a slim C neck profile, and how they compare to the likes of an Ibanez Prestige/Jackson/Strat ?

Cheers!
    Hi 

The Slim C neck is the back profile not the radius, its thicker than an Ibanez neck, more like a Jackson or Charvel neck and not quite as thick as a Strat.
    Its a comfortable profile for most hands and is what we'd describe as our 'standard' used on most stock guitars. Typically with a 12" radius and 6100 frets. Although the radius can alter depending on the model. If its a more Rock/Metal type guitar we'll use a 16" or a 12"-16" Compound Radius.

Hope this helps?

Regards,
    Rich
    tFB Trader
    All these guys on here own Stormshadows with Slim C profiles if you'd like to obtain an independent opinion....@hairmetal @martinw ;

Regards,
    Rich
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader

I find the 'slim C' just right for me, it's a typical modern guitar neck profile, similar to most modern type Strats, for instance.

I like bigger necks on the whole; I prefer the 50s Gibson to the slimmer 60s for instance. I specified the wider nut on my Stormshadows, and with the flattish fretboard, it's an easy playing neck, not skinny, but not bulky. I can't imagine anybody wouldn't be able to use it, and most people will forget about it after 5 minutes. Unless you want something more radical, it will be fine.

I can't tell you how it compares to Jacksons/Ibanez's etc, as I've only briefly played those kind of things, they're not for me.

I've had 3 or 4 Stormshadows, but now I'm a one guitar guy, and of all the guitars I've been through, my first Stormshadow DBS is the only guitar I've kept. Rich is a great guy to deal with. :)

• deloreandelorean Frets: 224
    Cheers guys - and thanks Rich @StormshadowGuitars - very helpful indeed!

(It was the Vanquish 
    SS0025 that had piqued my interest, looks bloody lovely!)
    tFB Trader
    delorean said:
    Cheers guys - and thanks Rich @StormshadowGuitars - very helpful indeed!

(It was the Vanquish SS0025 that had piqued my interest, looks bloody lovely!)
    No problem at all :)
    SS0025 is a lovely guitar, very versatile with the pickup layout and the Fusion / KTS Vintage tremolo.
    It has a Slim C neck profile with12" radius, 6100 Frets and a 1-11/16" Nut, so quite a Jackson spec neck really, a tad thinner than a Strat with a flatter board.

Rich
    tFB Trader
    martinw said:

I find the 'slim C' just right for me, it's a typical modern guitar neck profile, similar to most modern type Strats, for instance.

I like bigger necks on the whole; I prefer the 50s Gibson to the slimmer 60s for instance. I specified the wider nut on my Stormshadows, and with the flattish fretboard, it's an easy playing neck, not skinny, but not bulky. I can't imagine anybody wouldn't be able to use it, and most people will forget about it after 5 minutes. Unless you want something more radical, it will be fine.

I can't tell you how it compares to Jacksons/Ibanez's etc, as I've only briefly played those kind of things, they're not for me.

I've had 3 or 4 Stormshadows, but now I'm a one guitar guy, and of all the guitars I've been through, my first Stormshadow DBS is the only guitar I've kept. Rich is a great guy to deal with. :)

Thanks Martin

Hope you're all doing well, i'll have to get up and see you soon!
    I'm honoured the DBS is the only one you've kept :)

Rich
  • @delorean I see you are based in Bedforshire. I regularly work in Sandy and coulf meet you somewhere to feel the neck of a Stormshadow if of interest. I really can't say anything about the quality of Stormshadow guitars or about Rich that has not already been said. You won't regret buying a Stormshadow