Polytune - weird problem at a gig tonight

What's Hot
fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4091
This evenings gig was progressing very well when inbetween songs I wanted to check my tuning.  Kick on the Polytune (v1 normal size) and it all lights up lovely then after about 5 seconds displays "BATT" alternating between tuning and "BATT".  Hmm I thought.  I checked all the cables were connected properly and started the next song.

A bit later I wanted to tune again, kicked on the pedal adn this time lights flash up nicely but "BATT" comes up and then it turns off and I can't use it for tuning.  Kicking it on repeats - shows "BATT" and turns off.

Weird I thought, I don't remember putting a battery in there.

I get home, take it apart, and there is no battery in there at all (quite right as it's powered from a voodoo labs power supply on my board.)  I check out the manual and it says "Low battery indication - When the battery runs low on power the display occasionally indicates this by writing “BATT”."  - but I HAVE NO BATTERY IN THERE AND ITS MAINS POWERED.  If there was no mains power it would light up and display "BATT". But there's no battery in there so why's it showing "BATT" indicating low battery?

All my other pedals were operating fine.

What is happening?  Is my pedal on strike, has it got a disease, will it ever work again?!

Anyone else had this ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I think I had this when mine wasn’t getting enough power from the supply. I was running it on a daisy chain with a power hungry reverb and delay pedal. Once I swapped the power around, it was fine again.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Yep sounds like it wasn’t getting enough current draw from your power supply. If I remember rightly the V1 polytune needs 50ma of current draw. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4091
    Hmm ok thanks.  I checked all the cables and they were fine and tried it at home today and it works fine.  There was a lot of mains hum at the gig so may be their electrics were rubbish. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom