Fretboard Jams - Announcements!

What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Worth noting that although the session bit is full, the weekend is only £30 for others and there’s loads of jamming opportunity! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Quick Update:

- Quad for Nov in full swing and nearly full!
    - Sasquatch in Feb full for main session but others/reserves open (!!)
    - Southern Jam in advanced stages of organising and should be announced in the week
    - Western Jam under investigation - looking like a viable option - watch this space!
    - South Eastern Jam likely as well - undergoing a bit of discussion and investigation!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2082
    3 slots remaining at Huddersfield for the official session (out of 20)
    6 slots remaining at Leicester for the official session (out of 20)
    Im up for the Leicester one again....what date was it?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    spark240 said:
    3 slots remaining at Huddersfield for the official session (out of 20)
    6 slots remaining at Leicester for the official session (out of 20)
    Im up for the Leicester one again....what date was it?
    24th provisionally once Quad can be confirmed in the week.

It’s full now but I’ll put you on the others list - you can come along and be reserve/fill in for the sessions
    Quad session FULL
    Hudders session FULL

Others list for both still have places - you can come and be reserve for the main session - still Jam/Gear etc
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    Quad session FULL
    Hudders session FULL

Others list for both still have places - you can come and be reserve for the main session - still Jam/Gear etc
    Just to say that if @CustomPedalBoards brings his truly amazing rig again it'll probably be worth being an "other" just to have a go on that. Twin pedal boards through an RE-301 and whatever that glorious amp was - as close to guitar nirvana as I've been so far. 
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    ^ more evidence to be posted on the Hudds thread shortly. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Quad session FULL
    Hudders session FULL

Just to say that if @CustomPedalBoards brings his truly amazing rig again it'll probably be worth being an "other" just to have a go on that. Twin pedal boards through an RE-301 and whatever that glorious amp was - as close to guitar nirvana as I've been so far. 
    hehehe well i said to @LuttiS i aint bringin all that shit agen! hahaaa
    its not really a rig its just a modular set up that any amps or boards can go through and thats what i happened to bring, i might bring 1 less amp, 2 is plenty. unless i set up a stereo wet dry. well that needs 3 dont it.
    you never know i might bring different vintage tricks for u all to have a go on!
    but yes the 301 will be returning as its such a bloody lovely thing, but whatever the rest turns out to be, i will try n keep it simple n small. thats key really :)
    for all things pedal boards please visit www.custompedalboards.co.uk
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7281

For each session, we will book a Pro Drummer 
    I'm now tempted to come just to get them to learn some ridiculous metal song :D
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ

For each session, we will book a Pro Drummer 
    I'm now tempted to come just to get them to learn some ridiculous metal song :D
    We have had two drummers that could manage it easily - stunning quality. 
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283

@Alnico - I'd be interested in the 'experiment' too, so if you need one more please put me down.

Seems to address a lot of my feedback about the Southern Jam I went to

• slackerslacker Frets: 2234
    Regarding the future of these jams, I'm in full support even though I will not be coming to the next two (and cancelled the last due to unforseen circumstances). Here's why...

I've been to Quad and Water Rats and between the two of them have given me a lot of confidence as someone who gigged years ago and 'retired' and also given me the confidence to actually start my own band in September. 

For me that's what it's about, taking someone with confidence issues and enabling them to move on with music and/or encourage others. 

So I'll probably be up for a Northampton jam maybe and when my band is off the ground look to help host a jam in Luton/Bedford/St Albans if anyone is interested. 

So to end something I usually dont do, a big thanks to 

@TTony ; @bridgehouse @horse @octatonic @poopot @drumswithpoopot ; @impmann @brocco @munckee @peteri ;and @bigjon for support and encouragement 

@mrkb and @darthed1981 for being ultimate examples of how these events can kickstart you into being absolute legends. 

and @ anyone I forgot. 

Chris 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    @slacker - thanks for the comment - it’s really good to know they are of benefit. At the end of the day the organising is only worth it if people are getting something out of it

@slacker - thanks for the kind words.

Although I live in London - Bedford is my home town, so would love to do something there (can visit my mum!)

Pete

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27429
    peteri said:

Although I live in London - Bedford is my home town, so would love to do something there (can visit my mum!)

Two birds, one stone @peteri - arrange the jam session at your mum's place!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    slacker said:
    Regarding the future of these jams, I'm in full support even though I will not be coming to the next two (and cancelled the last due to unforseen circumstances). Here's why...

I've been to Quad and Water Rats and between the two of them have given me a lot of confidence as someone who gigged years ago and 'retired' and also given me the confidence to actually start my own band in September. 

For me that's what it's about, taking someone with confidence issues and enabling them to move on with music and/or encourage others. 

So I'll probably be up for a Northampton jam maybe and when my band is off the ground look to help host a jam in Luton/Bedford/St Albans if anyone is interested. 

@TTony ; @bridgehouse @horse @octatonic @poopot @drumswithpoopot ; @impmann @brocco @munckee @peteri ;and @bigjon for support and encouragement 

@mrkb and @darthed1981 for being ultimate examples of how these events can kickstart you into being absolute legends. 

and @ anyone I forgot. 

Chris 
    Hi Chris, 

I'm pleased I've been of help to you.

I am definitely up for future jams when we are back in the country.
    That is looking like 2021.
    It is hot here.
    TTony said:
    peteri said:

Two birds, one stone @peteri - arrange the jam session at your mum's place!

Don't - she loves a bit of mass catering!
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    For Bedford Jams, head to 'Sound-Arc' studios in Shefford.
    Pretty sure it's John who runs that place and they're good.
    It's opposite Morrisons, on the industrial estate.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5358
    If anyone's interested in a "just north of London so nobody loves me" jam, I'd be happy to do the legwork with a studio local to me (four rehearsal rooms and various other facilities).  I also know where the good boozers are.

However, at the moment it looks like my patch is too far south for the north, too far north for the south, and definitely not the midlands :)
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12325
    slacker said:

and @ anyone I forgot. 

Chris 

I am surprised to hear you felt you were lacking a bit of confidence. That run through of comfy in the jam room was the first time I ever played with anybody else, you played bass on that then next thing were playing slide guitar on learning to fly then singing.  I thought you were great.