Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Official FB Jam - Sasquatch (Huddersfield) Edition - 16/17th February 2019 - Weekender!!

What's Hot

Comments

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    mrkb said:

Will shout\vocalize "Ace of Spades" and "Fight for your right"

Will help with the backing/gang shouts on Fight for your right... Glad you said you would sing though, i was about to do something i would have regretted.. ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5369
    @Modellista @mrkb ;

I'm a tentative vocal for "L'il Devil" - we have a jam here on 27th Jan where I'm going to give it a crack and if it's not eye-wateringly shit (still haven't got singing lessons off the ground) then I'll do it.  But I'm very much in pencil until we've tried it here (and it'll probably be an octave down unless I warm up in the bogs!).  If I do vocal I probably won't guitar it, though, other than when there's no vocal as I haven't got time to separate the words from the right hand on that one.

As @Bridgehouse isn't officially bassing much at the mo I'm guessing most of the bass slots are actually covered, but if not I might be able to do Brown Sugar at a pinch, although right now I'm so knackered at the end of the day I'm getting no practice in at all :(

Similarly, I could probably brush up guitar on "Live Wire" if it's needed to make it happen, but put me firmly at the back of the queue - anyone and everyone can step in ahead of me.

In terms of bodies, in theory I've got a mate coming along just to say Hi on the day. Wasn't planning on him getting involved particularly (but if he does I'm happy to cover the cost) - it was more that he's a young lad I know, currently up in Hudd and it would be a Good Thing for him to spend a little time with some people outside of his current rather closed circle of friends. However, he may end up simply not coming, so ...

Also, on the subject of paying ... is it cash on the day now, or should we be sending some money to someone in advance?

• ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    ^ cool Snags, let me know how it goes on the 27th and we can work something out for L'il Devil.

Money-wise, I expect an announcement shortly as to where to send the moolah.
  • ^ cool Snags, let me know how it goes on the 27th and we can work something out for L'il Devil.

Money-wise, I expect an announcement shortly as to where to send the moolah.
    Send it me and I'll do the splitting up and paying people etc 

Ppg please, link below

https://www.paypal.me/legionreturns

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    Righto Chris, just to confirm thats £40 for the full weekend?
    Thanks for the refinements to the list people, all those amendments made, I've added a double version of Remedy and moved Free Bird to the gig list as there wasn't enough players on it for the studio.

Pending @thomasross20 opinion on Holiday Road / Chain singing.

Is there a copy of the mysterious gig list anywhere?  Or is that a TBC on the day?
    ^ There's a provisional one just a few posts up.
  • Righto Chris, just to confirm thats £40 for the full weekend?
    £40 Full weekend
    non recording ticket £30
    Saturday ticket £25
    Sunday ticket £20
    Non playing wags free (as long as they make the brews! ;) ) but they can buy a drinks ticket for a fiver for the gig.

What's included: Weekend tickets of both varieties and Saturday tickets include 2 drinks on a voucher system, at the gig (hence Sunday is cheaper) Soft drinks and snacks at the studio

Surplus: If there is one, it gets split 50% Bob's tip, 30% gig charity, 20% drummer tip. I'm not intending to charge for my PA and equipment hire at the gig, but would like to ensure that any breakage or consumable like batteries are covered if necessary. 

Money viag PPG to https://www.paypal.me/legionreturns

PPG sent
  • Snags said:
    PPG sent
    Received, thanks 

Done.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Sent matey
  • Modellista said:e
    Done.
    Received 

LuttiS said:
    Sent matey
    And received 

Thanks chaps 

• Funds sent...
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• Funds sent...
    Got it, ta

@modellista have a spanner... I'll not be at Sasquatch from about 12:30 til 3:30 ish. Any chance my songs on the Saturday can be pushed to later slots? 

Yep no prob, I grouped them together for whenever you knew you would be there, so here they are moved to the end.

• @Legionreturns If you don't mind, matey, I'm going to hang on before sending you my fee. I'm still on the verge of having to make a trip abroad for family reasons and I won't know until the end of next week. 
  • @Legionreturns If you don't mind, matey, I'm going to hang on before sending you my fee. I'm still on the verge of having to make a trip abroad for family reasons and I won't know until the end of next week. 
    No problem at all Howard

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4436
    edited January 2019
    I'm ok with The Chain... TBH I do the acoustic part all the way through up to the bass bit. I'm ok for @bloodandtears to do the solo ! I don't do the vox for it.. I think that's tricky while doing the Travis picking rhythm guitar (I'm not Lindsey Buckingham lol).  If too much faff I'm ok to do just paradise city and a few acoustic songs.

Please kick me if I forget to pay £25 for the Saturday (need to travel back Sunday for Slash gig)