Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Official FB Jam - Sasquatch (Huddersfield) Edition - 16/17th February 2019 - Weekender!!

What's Hot

Comments

• ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    @richardhomer sorry to hear it and best wishes!
    My sincere apologies - I’ve got a load of very difficult family stuff happening at the moment - so unfortunately I won’t be able to attend.

Really sorry.
    Hope everything works out - you'll be missed!  All the best.
    Thanks both - I’ve been in touch with @Bridgehouse off the forum to fill him in with what’s going on.

I’ll be away from here as well - but your good wishes are very much appreciated.
    edited January 2019
    Towards the start of the day there's quite a few gaps - Wishing Well, Brown Sugar, Crossroads (and Need Your Love So Bad to a lesser extent) are all very sparsely-populated.  We need more people for those or promote some songs from the gig list which have more enthusiastic support.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5363
    @richardhomer Bugger, missed that. For what they're worth, best wishes from here too.
    @Modellista I'd totally forgotten about Highway to Hell on the gig list.  Feel free to drop that if others don't step up - I'm only in there as a kind of generic "Yeah, I like AC/DC and most of the rhythm parts are manageable" position.
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1655
    edited January 2019
    What key will "Watchtower" be in?

Also there's no solo in the Dylan version.. am I needed at all?
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

What key will "Watchtower" be in?

Also there's no solo in the Dylan version.. am I needed at all?
    I was hoping we could amalgamate the two versions - the Hendrix version is much more fun (to my ears) but I like the harmonica part so why not do a Hendrix version with a harmonica solo?

Key-wise, thinking about it it depends on the key of the harmonica - on record it's C#m so that would mean a harmonica in E major would work?  @Bridgehouse might have more thoughts on this.
    Snags said:
    @Modellista I'd totally forgotten about Highway to Hell on the gig list.  Feel free to drop that if others don't step up - I'm only in there as a kind of generic "Yeah, I like AC/DC and most of the rhythm parts are manageable" position.
    I think we had better drop that one.

^ I'm quite liking this amended gig list.  @mrkb can you sing Paranoid?  And we can shuffle at least three of those into the studio as well.  @Legionreturns do you fancy doing Rick in the studio?
  • Yeah I reckon. I think I might have talked Hans into coming for the weekend too, so he's likely to drum it for us 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • By the way, payment numbers are pretty low, inviting more people from your own circles would definitely save us from losing money. 

@Legionreturns Presumably you'll pass the hat round on the day if we're coming up short?
  • Snags said:
    @Legionreturns Presumably you'll pass the hat round on the day if we're coming up short?
    Seems unlikely...I'll probably just keep quiet and absorb it.

<Frowny face>
  • only 11 of us??
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

I've potentially got a +1 - I'll tap him up now, and chuck an abridged song list at him. If he commits I'll cover his tab.
    I can invite a couple of non-musician mates who live in the area to the gig.  Is there a charge for attending the gig?  Did I read somewhere £5 but with a couple of beer vouchers thrown in?
    Also - especially if we're struggling for money - I think we should self-produce the recordings this time.  Get the stems off Bob and do it ourselves.  There's the Mixing Challenge on here, I think @poopot said he'd welcome any raw material for the challenge to work with.  Also maybe amongst us on here we could have a go at producing a few tracks.  I certainly could do a fair few at home.
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4668
    So sad i cant make this one due to other plans on the day, just a heads up if anyone is planning using the trains, there are strikes planned pretty much every Saturday at the moment. 
    I've got a definite (well, as definite as anything is in a 22 year old student's life) "yeah" for dropping in on the Saturday during the afternoon from Jon, so I'll dig back through to find out what the damage is for that and chuck it in @Legionreturns direction.

I've given Jon a shortlist of songs based on the ones that looked a bit sparse. He's going to have a listen tonight and let me know about any he could sit in on - he's a pretty competent all-rounder and certainly "knows music" so no stress there (I've played for him when he's been MD'ing shows and stuff).