The Telecaster appreciation thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8702
    My Baja got stripped and aged...

Definite improvement
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2525
    Roland said:

Definite improvement
    Yeah, the poly and flimsy pickguards are the only real negatives on an otherwise great guitar ;)
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3448
    edited August 2018
    gringopig said:
    Fantastic and groovy!

Sweet mother of god! Where did you get that from? Is that even a thing?
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    That is the most awesome thing I have ever seen, that's better than tits.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ClashmanClashman Frets: 175
    Just cleaned the pots on mine which were scratchy and noisy I did it without using deoxit or using nothing   more than
    a small screwdriver and a mini brass brush which you can get from poundland.Just take the top of the
    pot by bending the four flaps clean all muck and brush the contacts till clean reassemble and your ready to
    rock ,it feels like a new guitar and sounds fab.A  small piece of fine sandpaper wrapped round a pencil
    pushed into the plug connect improved it further I would add.Back to lovin me Tele again
  • ClashmanClashman Frets: 175
    Just cleaned the pots on mine which were scratchy and noisy I did it without using deoxit  using nothing   more than
    a small screwdriver and a mini brass brush which you can get from poundland.Just take the top of the
    pot by bending the four flaps disassemble clean all muck and brush the contacts till clean reassemble
    and your ready to rock ,it feels like a new guitar and sounds fab.A  small piece of fine sandpaper wrapped round a pencil
    pushed into the plug connect and turned to remove oxidisation  improved it further I would add.Back to lovin me Tele again.

Edited version lol
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7768
    I mainly played & modded teles for years. Owned at least 8.

The only one left is the DIY 12 string w fralins (2nd from left above, now with rosewood neck), eventually I realised I could never get the bridge pickup tone I wanted without a mahogany body & humbucker so I have 3 of those now. 

Still have a nice 80's tokai at my parent's house I might convert to a la Cabronita in future :)

• punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1025
    King85 said:
     Heres mine. Nothing too fancy, just an American Special. Currently stock apart from some Gotoh saddles. it's had a few pickup changes and bridge change but ultimately liked it better as it was when I bought it. 

What's the deal with the birds nest?
    Just like the sticker.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6904
    I mainly played & modded teles for years. Owned at least 8.

The only one left is the DIY 12 string w fralins (2nd from left above, now with rosewood neck), eventually I realised I could never get the bridge pickup tone I wanted without a mahogany body & humbucker so I have 3 of those now. 

Still have a nice 80's tokai at my parent's house I might convert to a la Cabronita in future :)

Nice collection but too much sunburst! 
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • dilbertdilbert Frets: 203
    Ironically, the best Tele's I have ever played have all been well worn cheapo's. Tried a couple of more expensive one's, well put together and quality parts and they left me indifferent to them. Probably down to me and my philosophy but I can't help thinking that Leo would probably have felt the same. 
  • TA22GTTA22GT Frets: 362

Wow! Hard to believe they are the same guitar. Did they really cover that up! 
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7028
    tFB Trader
    dilbert said:
    Ironically, the best Tele's I have ever played have all been well worn cheapo's. Tried a couple of more expensive one's, well put together and quality parts and they left me indifferent to them. Probably down to me and my philosophy but I can't help thinking that Leo would probably have felt the same. 
    If he'd been able to play them ;)
    This is my Baja in its natural habitat, lovely thing but an arse to set up, Ive found pickup height to be very unforgiving and tiny adjustments are the difference between a great sounding guitar and a load of old pants, especially with the S1 switching.

https://i.imgur.com/1T0baVu.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/zLmjsmi.jpg

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6675
    edited August 2018
    TTBZ said:
    I wish I liked the Fender scale length because I love the tone and stripped back and solid nature of a Tele. I guess the Jr is the Gibson equivalent but they still don't feel as bomb proof!
    Here's my proper and unnecessary stripped back and solid EsquirePartscaster with a totally wrong and yet totally cool Strat type Rosewood fingerboard. 

Just acquired the body from @Bridgehouse and the neck was knocking about chez Merlin. Instant stunt partscaster! 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Strat necks on Teles are cool as chips.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    merlin said:
    TTBZ said:
    I wish I liked the Fender scale length because I love the tone and stripped back and solid nature of a Tele. I guess the Jr is the Gibson equivalent but they still don't feel as bomb proof!
    Here's my proper and unnecessary stripped back and solid EsquirePartscaster with a totally wrong and yet totally cool Strat type Rosewood fingerboard. 

Just acquired the body from @Bridgehouse and the neck was knocking about chez Merlin. Instant stunt partscaster! 

I like it!!
  • TA22GTTA22GT Frets: 362

A Dearnaley and a Fender.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    And there was this, my old Squier Standard, it was an amazing guitar, I almost cried when I sold it, it was like loosing a limb. I said to the guy buying it if he ever wanted to sell it again to let me know, he said that's not likely to happen, a little piece of me died that day!

https://i.imgur.com/7hHpuep.jpg

• Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3469
    edited August 2018
    tone1 said:
    My only Telecaster tip is.... don’t bother modding it. I fitted Callaham bridge, Bareknuckle pickups & pots & caps to mine... and it sounded better completely stock
    Haha, me too. However, I am still undecided as to whether it's a better guitar before or after. I do love my BKPs though!
    robgilmo said:
    That is the most awesome thing I have ever seen, that's better than tits.
    I spent way too long laughing this!
    TA22GT said:

A Dearnaley and a Fender.
    Love that Seafoam Green! Looks great on a Tele.

I love Tele's. I want a Custom Shop next but am undecided on colour.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922