SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Rare Fender Jaguar 66 Reissue With Bound Frets And Block Inlays

What's Hot
Looking to sell my Fender Jaguar 66 Reissue. Its a rare guitar, as far as im aware there were only around 500 made in each colour that had the bound frets and block inlays. Has "Made in Japan" stamped at the base of the neck. I have edited out the serial number in these photos. Information from Guitar Dater Project:

Your guitar was made at the

Fuji-gen Plant (for Fender Japan), Japan

in 1994 - 1995

Looking for £1200 shipped in UK. 

Pictures here: https://imgur.com/a/IJ2hhJx

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited August 2018
    Like your style: no messing about with introductions or 'building trust' or any of that nonsense. Just in and out, copy and paste from your Ebay advert. Nice. I can't stand these guitar fora either - all that idle chit chat when there is selling to be done!
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    gringopig said:
    Like your style: no messing about with introductions or 'building trust' or any of that nonsense. Just in and out, copy and paste from your Ebay advert. Nice. I can't stand these guitar fora either - all that idle chit chat when there is selling to be done!
    I’d say his style for an ad is fine - description, price, photos - better than a lot of ads and looks like a nice guitar.    
    Location would probably be helpful.     Sarcastic comments are probably not so helpful
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30864
    John_P said:
    gringopig said:
    I’d say his style for an ad is fine - description, price, photos - better than a lot of ads and looks like a nice guitar.    
    Location would probably be helpful.     Sarcastic comments are probably not so helpful
    ^ this

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    Sure, that's fine as long as you want to treat the forum purely as a means of selling gear. 
    My sarcastic comment was actually effectively bumping his advert so factually WAS helpful.
    lol
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gringopig said:
    Sure, that's fine as long as you want to treat the forum purely as a means of selling gear. 
    Until that is banned he hasn’t done anything wrong according to the forum’s own rules (as far as I’m aware).
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27425
    Whilet the comment from @gringopig  is fairly "direct" and public, the sentiment is the same as would be expressed in @Roland's usual PM response to ads like this.

No, its not (currently) against forum rules, but I for one would be a lot more comfortable sending 1200 of my ££s to someone who had made at least some effort to establish their crediblity and bona-fides with the wider community rather than making their entrance with an ad.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8684
    This is the text of my standard message, which is often customised to suit.

Welcome to the forum. Forum members prefer to buy from people they know. We get a lot of For Sale posts from people who join purely to sell something. Typically they don’t read the Classified rules about how to post, don’t provide pictures or enough details, don’t answer questions, and a number of them don’t tell the truth. So our members think twice before buying from new members. 

We provide a free advertising platform. In return we ask that users provide good quality adverts, and don’t delete content. It’s the content which ensures that theFretBoard is highly rated in google searches, which helps potential buyers find your ad, and also brings new people to the forum. For that to work you have to put a full description and pictures in your thread. Again, our members hesitate over anything which has minimal description, and high value items without pictures.

You can improve your position by:

1. introducing yourself in the New Members area: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/categories/new members, 

2. posting a description of what you’re selling. Eg. How long you’ve had it. Where you bought it. How you’ve used it. What condition it’s in. Why you’re selling it.

3. posting pictures of the items you want to sell http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/54246/how-to-post-pics-imgur and http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/54241/posting-pics-vids-soundclips-how-to

4. joining in some of the forum conversations, so that forum members know you’re not a fly-by-night.

As far as I’m concerned, anyone who can’t be bothered to introduce themselves, and hasn’t posted a decent description and pictures, isn’t showing respect to prospective buyers and doesn’t deserve to advertise here. Personally I wouldn’t trust them even if I was buying cash on collection. 

Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
This discussion has been closed.