SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Ft vintage guitars, gretsch, harmony, fender, Rickenbacker

What's Hot
mstill1984mstill1984 Frets: 61
edited August 2018 in Guitars £
Hi all, I fancy having a bit of a change about so i'm putting up a couple of vintage guitars for trade, not fussed if I end up keeping them all, but I've had them all a couple of years now and they aren't getting the playing they deserve. Whats about?

1964 Gretsch 6124 Single anniversary
£1000 rough value
Pretty nice condition for age, expected binding rot, guy I have got it from says neck has never been reset but not sure myself, I understand neck joints on these were pretty weak so its a "when its reset rather than if", and on this one action is spot on, and neck is solid so personally I think its likely to have been reset at some point.

1967/1970 Harmony H64 
£700 rough value
Again nice condition for age, but is a little scrappy visually but plats fine as is so have never changed it

Mogar
Rough value £600
Don't know a great deal about 60s made in Milan, has de armonds in it, its an interesting shade of green burst

Early 60s Eko 290 barracuda
Rough value £200
Very battered and parts missing hence value, plays beautifully  though, and nothing structurally wrong with it, all laquer cracks.

1961 Hofner Colorama
Rough value £300
Again lovely condition, 2 of the machine heads aren't original (although are also vintage hofner) solid wood and set neck model late 1961.

197? Kramer 250b
Rough value £500
Aluminium neck bass, the body is a factory job, I have seen about 4 online over the world cut exactly the same, i'm guessing surplus stock cut to look more like the later DMZ range

1977 Fender Musicmaster
£550rough value
Not a collectors piece, lindy fralin mustang pickup, although I do gave the original to, brass but, it has been routed out for a second pickup under the plate.

1989 Rickenbacker 610 (technically vintage its over 25 years old)
Rough value £650
Very battered, repro scratch plate, I do have the original lower place and a black upper plate.

I'm in Margate more photos of each if any interest

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2082
    @HarrySeven ......

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    edited August 2018
    spark240 said:

You called?

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• GassageGassage Frets: 30875
    spark240 said:
    You beat me to it!

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2512
    What's the neck like on the musicmaster? Thin or does it have a bit of beef to it?
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5845
    What are you wanting to trade for? 
  • Neck i'd say is a d, its pretty thin but not spinderly thin.

Trades, i'd not really thought about what i wanted,but I've always fancied a Rickenbacker 330 or a nice jazzmaster, but open to suggestion as it stands I thought I have more quirky guitars than space, and as much as I love them, I haven't played them as much as I should be,
  • borntohangborntohang Frets: 134
    Don't suppose the 610 has a hardcase? I've been after one for a while and might be interested if I can move some stuff on.
  • I have a hardcase but its not the original, at the moment I'm looking at trades only though
  • borntohangborntohang Frets: 134
    I have a hardcase but its not the original, at the moment I'm looking at trades only though
    No problem man, let me know if you change your mind. I have a '92 330JG I would consider trading, but unless the 610 is in extremely good nick or you have a bunch of spare black Ricky trim kicking around it'd probably have to involve some cash my way, so understand if you're not interested!
  • mstill1984mstill1984 Frets: 61
    edited August 2018
    The 610 is in poor cosmetic condition, from what research leads me to believe was a paint defect Rickenbacker had, I have a current trade deal involving a couple of items on the table for a mapleglo 330 which I'll see if anything comes of, but i prefer jetglo so I would be interested  and more than happy to chip in other trades or cash (now i'm getting cash offers on some of the others,) message me your email and I'll drop you all the photos I have plus the new ones I take for the other guy and you tell me how much you'd be looking for on top.