Univibe alternatives

What's Hot
lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
I'm selling my Boo Instruments chorus and MXR phase 90 and am in search of a univibe. Other than the MXR univibe has anyone got any suggestions of other vibe pedals to consider? Budget of £85
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    edited August 2018
    The Digitech Ventura can be had for cheap and is preferable, I found, to the MXR. The TC Viscous isn’t bad either.
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    For £15/£25 more you could get a Fulltone dejavibe which is good enough for some big name users of vibe pedals.
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1559
    +1 on what Shaun said! The deja is a great vibe
  • dandldandl Frets: 36
    Danelectro Chicken Salad is great and cheap as chips :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • simonk said:
    The Digitech Ventura can be had for cheap and is preferable, I found, to the MXR. The TC Viscous isn’t bad either.
    It sounds good just hate the graphic on it!
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2525
    I've got a Hendrix multi pedal that I might part with if you're interested?

Here's some blurb: "Key components within the signal path that have been modelled include Marshall Super Lead, Fender BassMan amps, Dallas Arbiter, Fuzz Face, Roger Mayer, Octavia, Unicord Univibe, Vox, Clyde McCoy Wah pedals."
  • I've got a Hendrix multi pedal that I might part with if you're interested?

Here's some blurb: "Key components within the signal path that have been modelled include Marshall Super Lead, Fender BassMan amps, Dallas Arbiter, Fuzz Face, Roger Mayer, Octavia, Unicord Univibe, Vox, Clyde McCoy Wah pedals."
    Have you got any photos? What price would you like for it?
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2525
    I've got a Hendrix multi pedal that I might part with if you're interested?

Have you got any photos? What price would you like for it?
    pm'd
  • Lovepedal Magicboy/Pickle Vibe
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30897
    Seriously love the Voodoolabs MICROVIBE as an option. Easy to get for 85

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10370
    tFB Trader
    dandl said:
    Danelectro Chicken Salad is great and cheap as chips :)
    I have the Danelectro Cool Cat Vibe ... pretty much the same I believe ... and probably the best value for money pedal I own.
    It takes a little time 'spinning up' but I actually rather like that.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• DominicDominic Frets: 16092
    Agreed.......the Cool Cat Vibe is a fantastic pedal ........very much it's own sound .......preferred mine to any other vibe
    dirt cheap
    it it had a boutique name like Analogman people would pay £250 for it all day long.
  • IDominic said:
    Agreed.......the Cool Cat Vibe is a fantastic pedal ........very much it's own sound .......preferred mine to any other vibe
    dirt cheap
    it it had a boutique name like Analogman people would pay £250 for it all day long.
    I just wonder with it how sturdy the plastic casing is
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16092
    very sturdy .........it's a very hard reinforced plastic
    you can get one for £25 -£30 .........what's to lose ?
    I preferred it to a Drybell personally
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    IDominic said:
    dirt cheap
    I just wonder with it how sturdy the plastic casing is
    The Cool Cat enclosure isn't plastic. It has a diecast aluminium case, at least mine and others I've seen have. It's got a pukka Univibe style optical circuit rather transistor or digital and is the best budget option. You could still get them new last year for £45-50, but it looks like they've been discontinued now.
  • Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 322
    I have a Ventura Vibe for sale in the classified.

For me, of the ones I've tried, I like the Ventura Vibe a lot, the Viscous Vibe maybe a bit less but it's still pretty good. I also quite like the Phase 45 with the univibe mod. I made one (Pedalparts kit) and while it doesn't have the depth or flexibility of the Ventura Vibe, it's a nice sound.

I think a lot of the smaller boutique 'univibe' pedals are just modded Phase 45s.

For me, personally, after having several 'vibe' pedals, I've concluded I actually prefer a normal phaser. Although I fully expect to completely reverse that opinion in 6 months as the whim takes me. :)
  • After thirty years of Vibe obsession involving just about every vibe pedal that has been available I have come to the conclusion that what I want from a univibe is essentially available from a good Phaser. In my case, the mxr phase 95. If you can find one, the Phase 99 is amazing. 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7338
    edited August 2018
    the Univibe patch on my BOSS-ME5 is sublime - I should know - I programmed it!

Click below  II
                                \/
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>