The Official FB Jam - Water Rats (Woking) Edition - 13th April 2019

What's Hot

Comments

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    Nearly a full house! Nice, looking forward to it although not learnt anything yet despite @munckee lending me some tab books! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MtBMtB Frets: 921
    Is there a song list yet? If so, where? If not, why not?!
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    I have to get through Quad and Hudders yet!!

Though was that a volunteer to start a songlist thread? ;)
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    You do need to start a new thread and list the attendees again tho - need to keep song suggestions out of this thread. 2 suggestions per attendee
  • MtBMtB Frets: 921
    edited November 2018
    Please see the separate thread for the play list suggestions. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    I’ve paid for this ! Have just checked my PayPal account - was transferred on the 15th August.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    After the blood letting I gather the survivors are getting their money reimbursed so we need to arrange a system of paying and start again.  @poopot are you still not going to water rats or can you be convinced with a hug and some kind words (not from me obvs I don't do touching : ) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    munckee said:
    After the blood letting I gather the survivors are getting their money reimbursed so we need to arrange a system of paying and start again.  @poopot are you still not going to water rats or can you be convinced with a hug and some kind words (not from me obvs I don't do touching : ) 
    That’s not true... I was very “touched” last time we met!
  • Just received a reimbursement for this I think? Have I missed something?
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    TL:DR - Tony’s off so has refunded everyone (rather than pass on the funds to the organisers) and poopot cant make it (and is banned). We need someone local to take up the reins finding a drummer and we’ll help out with organising on the day. Any takers?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    mrkb said:
    We need someone local to take up the reins finding a drummer and we’ll help out with organising on the day. Any takers?

To take this one step further, without a local lead organiser, and a drummer who is capable of and willing to learn all the songs, this event is very likely to be cancelled.

The (frankly excellent, and if you don't like it, fine, we can have our own jam... with blackjack, and hookers and blow, actually forget the jam...) format we have run to this point (wide variety of songs on setlist, all abilities welcome, songs rather than just noodling over some chords, etc.) relies almost 100% on having the pro standard drummer there to hold it all together.

We have been bluddy lucky to date with the drummers we have had at the jams, they have been top guys and excellent musicians.
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    mrkb said:
    We need someone local to take up the reins finding a drummer and we’ll help out with organising on the day. Any takers?

To take this one step further, without a local lead organiser, and a drummer who is capable of and willing to learn all the songs, this event is very likely to be cancelled.

The (frankly excellent, and if you don't like it, fine, we can have our own jam... with blackjack, and hookers and blow, actually forget the jam...) format we have run to this point (wide variety of songs on setlist, all abilities welcome, songs rather than just noodling over some chords, etc.) relies almost 100% on having the pro standard drummer there to hold it all together.

We have been bluddy lucky to date with the drummers we have had at the jams, they have been top guys and excellent musicians.
    Hi Ed,

It will get sorted, I take it you are still in once we have sorted payment method and drummer, both in progress.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    edited December 2018
    munckee said:
    mrkb said:

Hi Ed,

It will get sorted, I take it you are still in once we have sorted payment method and drummer, both in progress.
    Yes mate, I had a whole weekend planned around it!

@munckee is it fair to say you have "stepped in" to the role of local organiser?  If so, fair play to you sir :)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Whilst I got refunded for the February Sasquatch 2019, TTony forgot to refund my payment for WaterRat in April.

As things stand, my work has taken up much of my thinking and time over the last few weeks, that April 2019 seems like a lifetime away. Work will continue to take me out on the road into next year, and after much thought I'm withdrawing from the session. Partly because I'm not going to pay twice, and partly because I'm happy to step back to allow someone more local to take up a slot.
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6627
    Hi All,

Having read the other thread about this I'm a touch confused. Would be interested in popping along and joining in but am not certain it is even going ahead. 

Trying to force myself to get out and play with other people  so think this would be great. Can someone confirm it's still happening and whether there is still another space? It looked like there was but then it all seemed to go mental. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    soma1975 said:
    Hi All,

Having read the other thread about this I'm a touch confused. Would be interested in popping along and joining in but am not certain it is even going ahead. 

Trying to force myself to get out and play with other people  so think this would be great. Can someone confirm it's still happening and whether there is still another space? It looked like there was but then it all seemed to go mental. 
    Still going ahead thanks to @munckee stepping up to help out. 

This other thread has the latest.

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/2107381#Comment_2107381

thanks man

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    soma1975 said:
    thanks man
    No problem. Do come along, I can't play for toffee but looking forward to meeting up with everyone, getting some tips and looking at some quality gear.
    I 'think' I have a nice narrow Goldilocks zone where I sound quite good, but that zone sadly includes probably zero songs anyone else wants to play.