The one that got away...

What's Hot
designerseye88designerseye88 Frets: 987
edited August 2018 in Guitar
Over the years I've sold a few guitars that I realised afterwards I shouldn't have . Which guitar do you regret selling? 

Sold my first ever LP 94 classic last year, Pretty much mint and sounded fantastic - If you're out there call me!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Feline Lion Supreme Slash 2 :( 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4669
    edited August 2018
    Vintage V100LM 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The_Whisper_ThiefThe_Whisper_Thief Frets: 98
    edited August 2018
    I sold a 2009 USA Strat Deluxe 3 or 4 years ago cause I didn't like the bridge pup and had convinced myself I needed a CS strat. Haven't played a strat that comes close to it since
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Traded my guild with @Bridgehouse since then swapped jobs for more happiness and less money, .... Have plenty of  gear but the market is soooooo bad at this time of year..... I'm gonna keep trying tho .. That guild will be mine once again :D
  • Financially wise...
    I've had 2 rare Ibanez Jems.. LNG and PMC. I made a couple of hundred on each on the purchase price... but I bet it would easily have been 1000's now... especially for the PMC.

Playability wise.. any of the Charvels I sell...

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1025
    Reverend Billy Corgan Sig model. 
    Danelectro U2 90s reissue. 
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7117
    I've been on a mission recently to buy guitars back that I've regretted selling - luckily most of the people I've sold them to are on here and as up for a change as me.

The one guitar I haven't got back yet is an 81 Tokai es100j, always regretted selling that one.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Traded my guild with @Bridgehouse since then swapped jobs for more happiness and less money, .... Have plenty of  gear but the market is soooooo bad at this time of year..... I'm gonna keep trying tho .. That guild will be mine once again :D
    It’s calling you...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Traded my guild with @Bridgehouse since then swapped jobs for more happiness and less money, .... Have plenty of  gear but the market is soooooo bad at this time of year..... I'm gonna keep trying tho .. That guild will be mine once again :D
    It’s calling you...
    This could be a beautiful ending right here...
  • Seafoam green Charvel Spectrum - I gave it to my friend as payment for rewiring my house, as I couldn't afford to pay him cash at the time... really really miss it!

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• shugzshugz Frets: 768
    Still a heartbreak but my old '60 es355.

A hitman/woman/person may or may not have been cheaper.

I imagine.

H

www.proudhoney.com

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    A Ricky 330 Walnutburst.
    The only guitar I've ever had which my wife said looked like me - I know, I don't get it either.....
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5416
    Minor wistfulness about an ultra lightweight PRS KL1812 I traded to World Guitars a couple years ago against a Knaggs Sheyenne... prefer the Sheyenne for sure but the KL1812 was special too and one of the nicest PRSes I've ever played...
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    Not many, really. Sometimes the 62 Jap Reissue Strat I had - could never quite gel with it, but it probably just needed a proper setup and restring. I think the one I miss the most is my Godin LG P90. All it needed was some new tuning pegs to replace the crumbling pearl ones and it'd be perfect. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1097
     AVRI 62 Surf Green Fender Telecaster. My dad bought it me when I joined my first band, it was rubbish to play but looked great and for sentimental reasons would love it back, It had a ding on the 14th fret and discolouration on the binding round the neck.
  • Seafoam green Charvel Spectrum - I gave it to my friend as payment for rewiring my house, as I couldn't afford to pay him cash at the time... really really miss it!

I had one of those that I sold a few years back on eBay. Nice guitar but it just didnt click with me in the way my 375 deluxe does.

What I miss is a Westbury Standard, I have a feeling I might get one again one day or maybe go posh and get a Westbury Deluxe.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6904
    edited August 2018
    Nothing I regret selling but there’s one I regret not buying. A 1960 single cut Melody Maker a couple of years ago. 
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28138
    Only a little bit, but the Ibanez MMM1 I had. Just because they're impossible to find now - I didn't play it much so better it went to someone who did.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921
    RG550 20th anniversary in DY
  • TitchTitch Frets: 45
    The only one I've regretted selling was a 1974 Telecaster Custom.