PSA: JoYo pedals at Coda

What's Hot
longjawlongjaw Frets: 423
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• longjawlongjaw Frets: 423
    I'm gassing for a Sweet Baby but have loads of overdrive pedals already ...
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7848
    longjaw said:
    It’s a very nice pedal. In my experience, it works better with Fender style amps more than British style amps.  When I had a HRD, I absolutely loved it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlin said:
    longjaw said:
    It’s a very nice pedal. In my experience, it works better with Fender style amps more than British style amps.  When I had a HRD, I absolutely loved it. 
    Yes it sounds great with fender amps, really complementary. Kind of sounds the same but better, if that makes sense
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    edited August 2018
    have had loads of joyos and all fun. some stayed and some went. but pocket money gems.

jf-06 is a total keeper mxr 90 clone (vintage gold finish very cute too). am never without.

jf-04 is a marshall shredmaster clone with the bass control replaced with a fixed transistor (it didn't have much effect on tone on originals so no loss). too chugga-chugga high gain for me, but if you like your 1990s radiohead/supergrass tone get in.

jf-36 is the mad professor sweet honey overdrive. i didn't like it, but not because it isn't a decent pedal for what it is, just way too creamy-subtle and dadrock bloooooooos for this goth.

they are the ones i have owned on that list. all good for what they were.

as for notable others, the jf15 is the tech 21 california. i haven't tried that but the jf16 is the tech 21 british, which i do have and that's ace.

cheap thrills vale, over and out!
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Cheers - just ordered one!
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    The jf-06 Phase 90 knockoff I tried was garbage.  

Could have been a duff one, fair enough, I only tried one, and I know the P90 is subtle, and I adjusted the internal trim to make sure it was in the right spot - and I still could barely hear anything phase-related.
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    edited August 2018
    TheMarlin said:
    longjaw said:
    Yes it sounds great with fender amps, really complementary. Kind of sounds the same but better, if that makes sense
    Its the only drive that I've not been able to replace with anything else. I  use it with Fender  HRD - more recently with a Blues Cube Artist. I'll get around to buying the Mad Professor original soon but have been using the Joyo since 2011.
    Coda have just emailed me saying the Sweet Baby is out of stock, and have sent me a refund.  :p