Guitar world record

What's Hot
NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3347
Impressive stuff

I reckon us good folks at the fretboard could beat that. What do you think?

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• notanonnotanon Frets: 604
    Ha ha - excellent. Good to see every generation there. Didn't somebody talk of the guitar as being dead LOL.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    You wouldn't get me there. I'd feel a right wally standing there with all those guitar players.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    I have enough problems, stress and hassle just trying to get 20 of you buggers into the same place at the same time.

I’m out.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3359
    So how does amplification work in those situations?

A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    robgilmo said:
    So how does amplification work in those situations?

Loudly/chaotically/badly/it doesnt*

*delete as appropriate
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3347
    Fender/blackstar/marshall or the like sponsor it and give everyone a battery powered jobbie.

I'd hope ;-)
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3359
    I was thinking a shit load of extension leads and quite a few double adaptors, there will always be somebody with a massive 2 million watt Marshall stack though!
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    Not on the same scale but about 25 years ago I was involved in a thing Mark Thomas did at the end of his standup show at the Bloomsbury Theatre. He’d finish the show, come back on stage for an encore with a band and start playing Louie Louie, they’d get 4 bars in and stop and one of the band would say “oh I meant to say I invited a couple of mates along to jam” and a door would open and 4 guitarists would walk out. Repeat every 4 bars until the stage was full of guitarists.

sounded pretty nasty as I recall and I’m not sure if anyone actually laughed now I think back on it
  • I remember  way back when Randy Bachman put a call out to guitarists to join him in an attempt to be in the Guinness Book of Records in the early 90's.  He got  1300 or so guitarists together to play the 3 chords of "Taking Care of Business" for just over an hour or so and they pulled off "longest song played by the most guitarists at one time" or something.  I heard he was back a few years ago to do it again to either keep the record or get it back.  I saw some footage of the original event and it sounded as bad as I thought it would.  Fun stuff though.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3347
    edited August 2018
    This is still my favorite 'big band'

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12645
    And I bet they are all turning up the volume when nobody is looking, like every other guitarist I've ever played with and then moaning that they can't hear themselves...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4945
    Wasn’t there a plan to try for the World Record of guitarists playing the riff ‘Smoke On The Water’ Not sure if the plan went ahead.... Great idea though but a headache for the organizers. And for the audience.......
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• valevale Frets: 1052
    I have enough problems, stress and hassle just trying to get 20 of you buggers into the same place at the same time.

I’m out.
    expected turnout was supposed to be one hundred thousand, but ninety-nine thousand nine hundred didn't show due to getting married, going to uni, oversleeping or getting the day wrong.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
    vale said:

I’m out.
    expected turnout was supposed to be one hundred thousand, but ninety-nine thousand nine hundred didn't show due to getting married, going to uni, oversleeping or getting the day wrong.
    I’ve heard them all ;)