Mike Stern - Story Of Perseverence Over Injury

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72255
    Thank you for posting that :). Given my recent much more minor broken arm, that's very inspirational. I'll never have his talent even when it's fixed, sadly!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Yep .. Mike's a great player. There's an interview on YouTube somewhere as he started to make progress .. a heart-warming story.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • I saw him earlier in the year at Ronnie's - an incredible gig with one of my favourite guitarists of all time.

His right hand was noticeably in a very awkward position and it seemed to bother him a couple of times throughout the night but he still sounded amazing and was so upbeat about everything, including the guys that played after. Such a lovely person.
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2193
    edited September 2018
    susbemol said:
    I saw him earlier in the year at Ronnie's - an incredible gig with one of my favourite guitarists of all time.

His right hand was noticeably in a very awkward position and it seemed to bother him a couple of times throughout the night but he still sounded amazing and was so upbeat about everything, including the guys that played after. Such a lovely person.

I must get to see him some time. The last (and only) time I saw him was many, many years back with Miles Davis.

btw. @susbemol were you the accomplished jazz guitarist on the Reaper forum and we used to exchange comments on each others music way back?

It's not a competition.
  • susbemolsusbemol Frets: 397
    edited September 2018
    Don't know about accomplished jazz guitarist but yes, we used to chat about music over there. Small world, uh?!