Acoustic playing - pedal to pickup foot tapping

RockerRocker Frets: 4979
At an acoustic session last night, one of the players had a little box that he tapped his foot on. This must have had a pickup of sorts as it was connected to the house PA system. The sound gave added drive to the music which was mainly folk, Irish and ballads. 

Anyone know now anything about these devices? Probably home made, any suggestions on how it is done? Thanks. 
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    Rocker said:
    At an acoustic session last night, one of the players had a little box that he tapped his foot on. This must have had a pickup of sorts as it was connected to the house PA system. The sound gave added drive to the music which was mainly folk, Irish and ballads. 

Anyone know now anything about these devices? Probably home made, any suggestions on how it is done? Thanks. 
    You can buy them on ebay etc.

I've got one in a drawer you could have for £20 if you want it...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• The one you see around a fair bit is the Logjam Logarhythm. 

Alternatively you could get something rather fancy like the Ortega Horse kick Pro that had a number of digital drum and percussion sounds. You can run it in you guitar signal path,  presumably into s PA or acoustic amp.  

It's also not too hard to build your own using a transducer, I did this myself and it worked ok.
  • I had one of these, they are ok - but around £75.

work best with leather soled boots/shoesImage result for logrhythm stomp box

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    edited August 2018
    I had a logarhythm. Piece of junk.
    Just picked up a Roland spd kick, which is sample based and way better.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4979
    I presume some kind of stick on 'acoustic' pickup stuck to a board would have the same effect. Acoustic fidelity is not an issue. Thanks.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum