SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS Gibson Les Paul 1956 Reissue R6 Goldtop SOLD

What's Hot
hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1410
edited August 2018 in Guitars £
For sale is my beloved Gibson Les Paul 1956 reissue. This is a guitar I swore I would never sell...but looks like I am finally going to. This is a really early one, made in 1998. It is very light at only 8.8lbs, which is incredible for a non-weight relieved Les Paul. The neck is a rather special smaller R9/R0 neck too - not the typical chunky R6/R7/R8 type neck, which makes this really comfortable in the hand. I've not played another R6 with a neck like this before. Neck measurements are 0.886”/22.5mm at first fret and 1.00”/25.4mm at 12th fret. Neck profile is a slightly flat C shape - not a D but also not a very round C. Kind of in between the 2.

I have owned this guitar for 5 or 6 years. Overall I would say the condition is very good (8/10). The gold top finish is in beautiful condition and really shines. The rosewood fretboard is a gorgeous dark chocolate brown colour. The guitar has the odd ding but there are no breaks or cracks. The hardware has tarnished a little which is not really surprising considering the guitar is 20 years old. The P90s really sing and the guitar is extremely resonant and toneful. I've always looked after this guitar and treated it with the utmost respect. It has been kept it in its case and strings changed/guitar polished with the correct nitro-cellulose polish regularly. Includes original hard shell case and all the original paperwork. Certificates of authenticity weren't introduced until after 1998, so this guitar doesn't have one (it is not missing).

I'm looking for £1995. Cash on collection from Fareham Hampshire preferred but I will ship anywhere in the UK and will consider shipping to Europe. Courier charges will be extra. I'm expecting it to cost around £60 for a UK courier, not sure about costs to Europe but I can find out. No trades I’m afraid. Any questions please ask.

https://imgur.com/gallery/GYi9jNL
1reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• veldt666veldt666 Frets: 83
    Nice guitar, but,All the 1998 Re Issues, I have, or seen, came in Tan / Pink cases. Did you change the case?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1410
    edited August 2018
    No it’s definitely the original case. It may be a late 1998 though as it’s number 291 of the year and they didn’t make that many back then, especially R6’s. It’s the older type historic case pre 2006ish. I have a 1999 and 2006 with the same case.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5619
    Yep, the case is legit.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3137
    What a great price for a stunning guitar! Best of luck with the sale.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 4979
    Sorry, accidental lol as I went to click the imgur link, missed it and hit lol instead! Damn small screen on my phone. Should’ve used my iPad... or should’ve gone to SpecSavers!
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Haha. That’s ok won’t take it personally
  • veldt666veldt666 Frets: 83
    hyperben said:
    No it’s definitely the original case. It may be a late 1998 though as it’s number 291 of the year and they didn’t make that many back then, especially R6’s. It’s the older type historic case pre 2006ish. I have a 1999 and 2006 with the same case.

Sorry, my mistake, Good luck with the Sale, Beautiful guitar.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
    DEFINITELY no trades? I have a Custom Shop Tele for sale on here which I could add some cash to....
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    Hattigol said:
    DEFINITELY no trades? I have a Custom Shop Tele for sale on here which I could add some cash to....
    I’m afraid not. I’ve been told I can have as many guitars as I like provided they fit under the spare bed so are out of sight/not in the way. I have too many. Haha.

Neck dimensions added.
    Get a bigger spare bed!
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • hyperben said:
    I’ve been told I can have as many guitars as I like provided they fit under the spare bed 
    Easy solution... keep the guitar... and make longer legs for the bed.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    Or get rid of the rule maker.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Haha. Well indeed. I do sort of agree though. My guitar collection has become a bit stupid now. Selling this will leave me with only 11...!
  • photekphotek Frets: 1462
    hyperben said:
    Haha. Well indeed. I do sort of agree though. My guitar collection has become a bit stupid now. Selling this will leave me with only 11...!
    An odd number!

I miss my old R6, these are very versatile guitars, Les Paul’s that sound as good clean as they do dirty!
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9168
    Sorry, accidental lol as I went to click the imgur link, missed it and hit lol instead! Damn small screen on my phone. Should’ve used my iPad... or should’ve gone to SpecSavers!
    I’m surprised you haven’t hit the buy button. A Gibson with p90s, or do you only do vintage p90s now
    photek said:
    hyperben said:
    An odd number!

I miss my old R6, these are very versatile guitars, Les Paul’s that sound as good clean as they do dirty!
    I know. I can stack 2 together but my acoustic has a thick case so only room for one there. 

R6’s are great. Very versatile guitars like you say.
    Someone buy my Tele so I can buy this!
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 4979
    chris78 said:
    I’m surprised you haven’t hit the buy button. A Gibson with p90s, or do you only do vintage p90s now
    Haha! I might have done so, if I didn’t already have a 2014 R6.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • A winter here in Bonny Alloa and she would have some lovely checking on that gold top. I miss my gold top :( 
    Bump