Vocal effects processors

What's Hot
mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 318
My dad has started getting together with a few old mates he used to be in a band with and playing some songs again. They have a simple PA and mixer desk with no effects built in but it does have send and return sockets on the desk. We put my TC flashback through it and it worked well.

So I was wondering is there such a thing as a simple fx unit for vocals that could be used in the send and return loop of their desk? Would only really need compression, reverb and delay?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    TC Helicon and Boss both do a range of vocal effects/ pedals. The Helicon Mic Mechanic 2 seems to be the loved one at the lower price end. That’ll give you reverb and delay, some pitch correction and has some sort of adaptive pre amp that’s basically compression. 
    But quite a few options out there. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    edited August 2018
    The Boss VE-20 is really good, simple to use, dual switches and footswitch operated. As an aside, it also works really well on Sax.
  • I own both a  Perform V and a voicelive play, although you can put them straight in front rather than in the loop and they work very well. The perform v is mic stand mounted so you can control it instantly. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9583
    Compression is not really a send/return effect, but you can pick up a used rack fx unit for peanuts. Something like an Alesis Microverb would give you a better range of delays and reverbs than a guitar pedal.
  • David5150David5150 Frets: 118
    Easier option might be to pick up a, say, Behringer desk with compression and FX (reverb and delay) built in - saves lugging and plugging external gear
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom