Guitar suggestions please - SOLVED

What's Hot
joetelejoetele Frets: 947
edited September 2018 in Guitar
I know this is a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig and very vague field, but I have an idea of 'the perfect next guitar' and wondering what people could recommend. 

I have a Mex Tele with single coils, and a Vintage V72 with bridge single and neck mini bucker. But I'm looking for something I can use for slightly heavier stuff along the lines of Hopesfall, Glassjaw, etc - fairly clear, sharp buckers suitable for the modern rock sound but not as heavy as your Fear Factory stuff etc, so may not need active pups. 

Firstly, here's what I don't want: 

• Glossy neck
  • Plastic tuning pegs
  • Floyd Rose
  • Any kind of floating trem
  • Extreme 'metal' looks, point guitar etc
  • Anything that can't hold its tuning
  • Single coils
And here's what I do want: 

• Satin-feeling neck
  • Metal tuning pegs
  • Nice stable bridge, ideally string-thru like a Tele
  • Happy with any kind of design except for above 'no' re looks
  • Tuning stability
  • Shorter scale neck - 24.75in rather than 25.5in so I can do more drop D chords and stretch to more melodies easier
  • Humbuckers - clear, articulate, but capable of modern heavy rock stuff as stated above. And good for cleans as I use a lot of spacey fx. 
Ideal budget would be £200 - 500 - I'm not a pro, but I know there are good guitars in this bracket. 

Any suggestions? 

(Also this isn't necessarily a WHY? kind of thread - just curious to what's on the market for a potential future purchase, so I may not be able to commit to buying one of yours but happy to hear about your experience) 
MUSIC: Pale Blurs
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments