Guitar suggestions please - SOLVED

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8701
    Have you thought about swapping the bridge pickup of your Tele for an Oil City Wapping Wharf? That’s what I use for a heavier sound.  The Wapping Wharf is a tapped single coil pickup. With a four way switch you get the options of a heavily wound bridge and the single coil sound that you’re used to. For even more meat you can use a five way switch to give the option of neck and bridge in series.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3447
    I have serious GAS for exactly the guitar you want, I thought EPI until someone pointed out these,
    http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2016/USA/Les-Paul-Studio-Faded.aspx

A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • Hard to get something that fits all the criteria but maybe a prs se. I have a custom 24 se and it's superb but it does have a trem tho so may not suit buy they do some other models without a trem. The pickups on it sound great too, to my ear anyway! Probably out of budget brand new but you'll probably get a second hand one for £400ish
    Another one that came to mind was a John 5 signature tele, I haven't played one but I've heard they're supposed to be good for the heavier stuff.. 
    Hope this helps
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Hey a jap Jackson, hugely underrated because their not in fashion, but truly pro guitars and alot come with active emgs in your price range 2nd hand, you can't go wrong
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    edited August 2018
    PRS SE Zach Myers

Satin neck, stop tail, humbuckers, 24.5" scale etc.
    Ticks all your boxes* and a used one is well within budget.

<edit> *except plastic tuning pegs!
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    edited August 2018
    +1 for the Revstar, if you can find one in budget they're awesome instruments.  I just picked up a used 720 with the Bigsby which is great, but obviously not if you don't want a trem!  There's a nice hardtail red one on eBay right now.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-Revstar-RS820CR/283107642864?hash=item41ea87cdf0:g:3KMAAOSwBWJbVKO4
  • Calum13Calum13 Frets: 37
    A used les paul studio?
  • How about a gibson sg faded? Great guitar for money 
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    edited September 2018
    Forgot to thank you all for your suggestions. In the end, my heart was won by an Ibanez ARZ200-GD that was hanging in the local music shop. (I know, I've mentioned it a lot recently in other threads)

Stunning looks, excellent playability, fantastic pickups, and an inbetween 25in scale length but with 24 frets. It's my combined Christmas and birthday present and yes, I have to wait until Christmas to play it. *sobs*

It basically had everything I liked about LP-style guitars but with none of the things I don't like about them. I'll admit that I had to concede on the "glossy neck" bit though...

http://www.ibanez.com/products/eg_detail18.php?year=2018&area_id=3&cat_id=1&series_id=4&data_id=233&color=CL01

MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    A couple of minutes with some wire wool and you won't have a glossy neck to worry about either :)
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    Ha! It's far too nice to destroy. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs