Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

After All These Years Of Spending, Playing & Buying/Selling - Where Are You Now ???

What's Hot
WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9529
edited August 2018 in Guitar
I feel as settled as I have ever felt right now. Two set-ups interchangeable...

1.) Home - Kemper -> Genelecs 8020

2.) Live - Kemper -> Red Sound RS LP12 Active Cab (into PA with 2 x DXR 10s)

Guitars

- Rickenbacker 360/12 WB
- Fender Masterbuilt '67 Tele
- Fender Masterbuilt '63 Strat
- Suhr Alt T Pro

Amps

- Carr Rambler
- Redplate CDS2

Digital

- Kemper PA
- Helix HX Effects

That weedy looking set-up (below) is as good a home set up as Ive ever encountered. Superb.

The real shock has been the Suhr Alt T Pro. For my style, it is one of the most versatile, inspiring and melodic guitars Ive ever played.

The next few weeks, with the band, will dictate whether my two beloveds (MB Tele and Redplate CDS2) are subsequently moved on and sold...

What about you ? Where are you now ? Don't forget your pics !!

1reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26575
    edited August 2018
    Home: Guitar -> interface -> Helix Native -> Tannoy Reveal 6 pair
    Live: Helix -> DXR10 + PA
    Live (II): Helix -> Rocktron Velocity 120 -> Matrix NL212

The second live rig is only for situations where I'm likely to encounter a sound guy who refuses to DI the guitar, or a PA which isn't capable of coping with more than just kick and vocals. The only thing I may change is getting a second DXR10 so that I can always use the FRFR setup even in the latter case. That'll simplify all my patches significantly.

Honestly, it's the most stable, flexible, easy-to-use and easy-to-carry setup I've ever had.

Guitars are the same as they've always been (for the last few years, at least) and probably always will be - a pair of Jaden Rose Teles, one lightweight and one...less so.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    edited August 2018
    I’ve made a conscious decision to own less stuff recently. So ‘out’ has gone my 64 335, PRS McCarty, Taylor GS Mini, American Vintage 59 Strat, Blackstar HT1R and Mesa Lonestar Special.

Not all bad news though - ‘in’ has come a 56 Relic Strat, a PRS DGT, a Busker Delta Resonator and an early 80s Musicman RD50 amp.

• brooombrooom Frets: 1174
    I'm right in the middle of the selling phase. Where I've now realised I don't need all the stuff I have and most times I prefer to just play one or two electrics and an acoustic.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Warren your setup is inspirational, mate! Those guitars are incredible, all of them. I love that CAR Strat, beautiful!

I'm pretty much with you. The Kemper is taking up the duties of many of my old pedals and slowly but surely I'm finding ways to replace some more. I'm working on getting a profile to sound like a Big Muff today, and that'll be the last pedal I'll need to try and replicate...getting good results already! Like you, I've never been happier!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5154
    edited August 2018
     I’m down to a Tweed Deluxe 1x12 clone, Navigator Goldtop, Angry Angus Strat, Small pedalboard with Palmer Distortion, Boss DD-2, Strymon Flint and incoming Emma boost overdrive pedal that I can’t spell the name of..and a crappy acoustic 

https://i.imgur.com/611QaYR.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/cSP2Gu8.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/jenmySH.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    edited August 2018
    Where am I?

In Difficult-to-move-all-this-shit-about-the-planetville: population me.

Not pictured: some of the guitars, amps, effects and multi-effects units, some of the drum kits and snares, any of the mic locker.

0reaction image LOL 22reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7780

2 guitars and one amp.

. . . and 35 pedals.

It might not be that musical to most people, but in 2018 I've uploaded 38 original recordings to YouTube, which is 38 more than the last 10 years.

httpwwwarrowheadguitarscoukpicsmaximumpedalsjpg

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 12reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Fuck me, I'd trade a bollock for that lot.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 616

Guitars

- Rickenbacker 360/12 WB
    - Suhr Alt T Pro

Amps

- Carr Rambler
    - Redplate CDS2

Digital

- Kemper PA
    - Helix HX Effects

That weedy looking set-up (below) is as good a home set up as Ive ever encountered. Superb.

The real shock has been the Suhr Alt T Pro. For my style, it is one of the most versatile, inspiring and melodic guitars Ive ever played.

The next few weeks, with the band, will dictate whether my two beloveds (MB Tele and Redplate CDS2) are subsequently moved on and sold...

How does the kemper compare to redplate in live band situation ?
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    At a point where I have far too much stuff and want to go back to a couple of guitars and an amp!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9529
    @Barney - mate, does anything sound as good as a Redplate live ??!!?? I doubt it...

Nonetheless, one of the profiles I have does sound remarkably close. I plan to profile my own CDS2 soon...
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1058
    octatonic said:
    Where am I?

In Difficult-to-move-all-this-shit-about-the-planetville: population me.

Not pictured: some of the guitars, amps, effects and multi-effects units, some of the drum kits and snares, any of the mic locker.

how do you find the Nucleus? worst studio investment I've ever made imo
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 616
    @Barney - mate, does anything sound as good as a Redplate live ??!!?? I doubt it...

Nonetheless, one of the profiles I have does sound remarkably close. I plan to profile my own CDS2 soon...
    If been sort of interested going the Kemper route for a while but nowhere local to me sells them and even off that's the case it's hard to tell what they will sound like in a band...let me know how it goes profiling the Redplate :)
  • @octatonic wins the internet for today. What a setup  :o
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • westwest Frets: 996
    I wished i could say "just my lowden "  its the only thing im playing 95 % of the time . i wished i could make all the electric stuff go away without regret and yet im still looking at collings soco 's ...  my andy's havnt been picked up for 6 months gawd knows how long since i switched the rambler on , the draw is lined with pedals ... i ask myself why cant i let that stuff go .....
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14223
    tFB Trader
    some interesting set ups there so far guys - hours of fun to be had be all I dare say
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307

Guitars

- Rickenbacker 360/12 WB
    - Suhr Alt T Pro

Amps

- Carr Rambler
    - Redplate CDS2

Digital

- Kemper PA
    - Helix HX Effects

Some nice and interesting set ups appearing.

@Wazmeister - a very tidy and versatile set-up. If you don't need to sell your Fender MB (s), don't :)

@Octatonic - I take it you still have your Tom Andersons?

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2196
    edited August 2018
    Live: 
    Helix LT (effects only, no ampsim in path routed to 1/4" jack outs) >>> Fender HRD IV and Roland Blues Cube Artist

Home (for practice): 
    Helix LT (exactly the same patches as for live but with ampsim in path routed to XLR outputs) >>> Zoom UAC-2 direct out to >>> Yamaha HS7 monitors (or headphones)

Home (recording): 
    Zoom UAC-2 >>> Computer >>> Reaper >>> Loads of ampsims but mainly use S-Gear 2, Helix Native (guitar and bass), Amplitube Fender 2, Amplitube SVX 2 (bass) and Kazrog Thermionik with Recabinet (for heavy stuff).

Guitars for live:
    Fender American Standard HSS Strat, also a PRS S2 as backup (which virtually never gets used).

Other guitars:
    Lots plus Squier Vintage Modified 5 string bass.

It's not a competition.
  • I am in the process of getting down to

1 electric which will be the Novo Serus T
    1 acoustic James Millman J45 style Adi/walnut
    1mandolin Peceny  

Swart AST
    Small board currently KOT/Effectrode Mercury/RYRA/Chrono/Chasetone Fuzz/Spaceman Fuzz/Vibe

and thats it

all the rest is for sale or going to be for sale...

one incoming early next year will be a Novo Thinline type guitar...

can get loads of tones out of the Novo with that old fashioned notion of using the controls on the actual guitar...a myriad in fact and what i feel as a guitar player who wants to be a very good guitar player..is that by me only having the one guitar,i will have to focus more on what i play and find variety within that and not by swithching guitars amps pedals continuously.

Been great fun though and this current frame of mind may last a little while
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030

I’m

Not

Even

Going

There...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

21reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom