Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Mourinho OUT!!!!

What's Hot

Comments

• Budgie said:
      Man Utd boss is a massive knob.
    FTFY

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2100
    Budgie said:
      Man Utd boss is a massive knob.
    FTFY
    Cheers... bloody auto correct ;D
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Budgie said:
    kin said:
    Congrats @Budgie well deserved win
    Cheers mate... If only I had done anything but shout a lot and keep my fingers crossed. I thought Man Utd were going to win it at the end. It was a great game and Harry Wilson’s free kick was astonishing. I worry for Jose. I really like the guy and remember his early Chelsea days with a lot of fondness. I think he needs to go and lie on a beach and enjoy his success because he looks unwell at the moment.  Man Utd boss is a massive job.
    Can't be good living in a hotel like Alan Partridge.  Perhaps he forgot his Big Plate and the portion sizes are getting to him!

Well done to Derby.  Didn't watch the game but sounded like a rollercoaster at the end!   
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just watched the goals on breakfast TV. Well done Derby.
    Mourinho out! Like I give a monkeys...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    is he Gay then?
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

• 2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Well done to Derby on the win.

Once again, Mourinho's behaviour is appalling. Telling Pogba publicly that he will 'Never captain Man U again'. How childish and pathetic is he??? He can eat those words when he is sacked and the next manager hands PP the armband. If Pogba goes it will be a MASSIVE failing for the club. He is a very good player, but it will take good management to get that out of him consistently.

Fergie handled all his business with players behind closed doors (as do pretty much ALL managers), the mark of a professional.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309

Agreed, Mourinho doesn't deal with things very well, but he's always going to react when Pogba says...

"I think we didn’t really start the game well but we were winning 1-0 so it was positive for us," he said. "Then, after the second-half, we tried to defend a bit more against the counter-attack. We stopped playing forward like in the first-half.

"We were playing higher and I think that’s how we conceded the goal. I know I lost the ball (for the goal). Then a few more mistakes and not a lot of movement in front because we didn’t really put them in trouble.

"We are at home and we should play much better against Wolves. When we are at home we should attack, attack, attack. That’s Old Trafford. We are here to attack. I think teams are scared when they see Man United attacking and attacking. That was our mistake today."

When asked if he felt he had enough options ahead of him when on the ball, Pogba laughed.

"I’m not the manager, I cannot, like, say that but…obviously we should show more option of playing but I cannot say that because I’m a player," he said.

"That’s my way of thinking - we should move better, we should move more, yeah."

It's a blatant dig. Not quite sure what he expects to achieve with it. The exit maybe?

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I maintain that he only signed PP as a middle finger to Fergie anyway. I'd imagine United will sell him for a second time when the next manager sees what Ferguson did; a player who isn't the least bit interested in being part of a team 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    I maintain that he only signed PP as a middle finger to Fergie anyway. I'd imagine United will sell him for a second time when the next manager sees what Ferguson did; a player who isn't the least bit interested in being part of a team 
    He worships Fergie - why would he want to give him the middle finger?

A sad day for football if Jose goes and Pogba stays because it's an admission (as if one were needed) that managers are no longer in control and players, or more accurately, their agents completely control the game. 
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • Hattigol said:
    I maintain that he only signed PP as a middle finger to Fergie anyway. I'd imagine United will sell him for a second time when the next manager sees what Ferguson did; a player who isn't the least bit interested in being part of a team 
    He worships Fergie - why would he want to give him the middle finger?

A sad day for football if Jose goes and Pogba stays because it's an admission (as if one were needed) that managers are no longer in control and players, or more accurately, their agents completely control the game. 

There is of course another option - both going.

I like Pogba, when he's on form he is excellent, but his profile off the field seems to always overshadow his performances.  I'd rather keep him, his media activity never seems to be as controversial as the reactions from Jose suggest, but he is the manager and should be the last word in how the players behave.  Pogba is at this stage worth a considerable amount, he's playing well, just won the world cup so cashing in wouldn't be the end of the world, financially at least (although losing your best outfield player isn't ideal)

However, Jose seems to have lost control, of the players, of a plan, of himself.  I'm not calling for his head, but I can't really see him turning it round either.  He should perhaps be given to the end of the season, but I've seen enough to think the guy probably needs some time away from football to get some focus back.   Not sure who would take his place, but the team needs fresh ideas and a new way of motivating, and a new way of playing.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Hattigol said:

.. players, or more accurately, their agents completely control the game. 
    That has been a thing at the top end for many a year now already. I DETEST the role that agents play now. 

Jose wanted to sell Martial, but Woodward offered him a new contract. What's that all about??? 
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    I like Mourinho, but as good as he is/was, it isn't working, and time for him to go. I don't think the problem is all Mourinho, but he isn't fixing things. There are issues with the squad, but we should be doing better than we are.
    quarky said:
    I like Mourinho, but as good as he is/was, it isn't working, and time for him to go. I don't think the problem is all Mourinho, but he isn't fixing things. There are issues with the squad, but we should be doing better than we are.
    To be honest, I loved Mourinho when he first came to Chelsea. His press conferences were great fun and he was full of charisma. You couldn't wait to hear what he would say next! Even then though, he had a bit of the spoilt kid who wants to take his ball home syndrome. Over the years he has become more and more sour and dour. I think that his style of management doesn't work any more, he can't seem to handle players of this generation and is continually airing his dirty washing in public. As with everyone, I was shocked by his appalling treatment of that member of his Chelsea medical staff a few years back. I have no idea what he thought he was doing there? It was a sign of a rampant ego. Even after the event, he could have backed down, took the flak on the chin and then moved forward, but no, his pride wouldn't let him.

There are two immediate problems at Man U. One is Jose and the other is Woodward. Unfortunately Woodward is untouchable. 

• ‘Taxi for Mourinho to the Midland hotel please’

• Extend his contract please :)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Oh Dear ...... not seen the news yet ...
    I wonder who he will blame it on this time? Worst start in 29 years for Man U.

It's not fair, if only he'd had an extra 1 Billion to spend .....
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    He’s doing what he did at Chelsea. I’ve never seen such a narcissistic, bad loser of a manager ever. He didn’t get the shiny defender he wanted (after spending £60+ million on bad ones) so he makes a scapegoat in that position - first Herrera against Spurs and today bloody Scott McTominay at Centre back. It’s an F U to the owners. 
    He pulls Pogba and Martial off at 70 minutes when we were chasing the game, again a power play. He then mentions in his post match that WE all called for Martial to play and for Alexis to be benched so that’s what he did (again passing the blame). 

Hes done as a manager - his dinosaur ways do not work with the current ‘player power’ generation. You just can’t publicly throw your team under the bus and expect to get a rise out of them. United need to get rid, quick, and bring in someone who is a good man manager first but also someone with a progressive style and an eye for young players. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    More of the same please, Mourinho.

Both West Ham and Derby singing, “can we play you every week?”

i think now would be a great time to play Manure. Ignoring the Valencia game, Newcastle at home next weekend could be a crunch match.