R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    I think we've reached "peak Les Paul sales".  Pretty much everyone who wanted one and had the cash has got one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Twinfan said:
    I think we've reached "peak Les Paul sales".  Pretty much everyone who wanted one and had the cash has got one.
    There are definitely a few more cautious ones on here that might yet he snagged! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Anyone know why the serial numbers for the two coda ones have an extra digit?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    I'll take a punt if a gorgeous one turns up, or they get cheaper. Not expecting either though.
    Funny how Dirty Lemon seems to be the most popular.  I love DIrty Lemon as it's so different to my brightly coloured PRSs, but I would have expected Iced Tea to be the favourite given it's a more traditional look.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2018
    terada said:
    Later in the year production.  Mine is a 6 digit number and was signed off in November 2017.
    terada said:

Also there appears to be no gap between the neck pickup and the fretboard - Peach told me this was one of the odd historical idiosyncrasies that looks weird but is apparently a 'feature' of true historic spec 
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    terada said:
    They're later in the run, which is why the neck pickup ring has been moved closer to the fretboard.
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    One of the red coda ones went this morning. When these are gonzo the ditherers might be a bit gutted. 
    Brize said:
    terada said:
    They're later in the run, which is why the neck pickup ring has been moved closer to the fretboard.
    Did they change the specs then part way through the run? Anything other changes alongside the pickup position?
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    edited September 2018
    Not sure I follow the logic re neck pickup ring closer later in the year.

If you look at the BOTB reference book, a significant proportion have the gap. I don't think its designed that way, its the end result of x, y and z pieces of wood being sawn and glued together + manufacturing tolerances. Still pretty traditional and hand finished at Gibson.

I sold a traditional as the gap annoyed me, as shallow as that is. For some reason its far less common on USA Les Pauls.
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    Anyone that bought have any washed cherry pics ?

• 'Scuse me for reposting but you did ask...
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 'Scuse me for reposting but you did ask...
    Bloody show off!

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Why on these older LPs do the pickups sit so low in the rings?  Always wondered that!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22783

Fucking hell, I've just noticed... 78 pages and counting. 

It's beaten the Flat Earth thread by miles.  Circumnavigating the planet in the process, probably.

• Why on these older LPs do the pickups sit so low in the rings?  Always wondered that!
    Rings are deeper for some reason.  Definitely one of those "vintage correct" features that looks naffer than the new way.
    Why on these older LPs do the pickups sit so low in the rings?  Always wondered that!
    They don't - the rings are just taller.
    terada said:
    Brize said:
    terada said:
    Did they change the specs then part way through the run? Anything other changes alongside the pickup position?
    Nothing else as far as I know, but the guitars with higher serial numbers definitely lose the big gap between the neck pickup ring and fretboard.
    edited September 2018
    TINMAN82 said:
    Not sure I follow the logic re neck pickup ring closer later in the year.

If you look at the BOTB reference book, a significant proportion have the gap. I don't think its designed that way, its the end result of x, y and z pieces of wood being sawn and glued together + manufacturing tolerances. Still pretty traditional and hand finished at Gibson.

I sold a traditional as the gap annoyed me, as shallow as that is. For some reason its far less common on USA Les Pauls.
    I believe that originally it was haphazard as you say. But on the reissues, it was a 'feature' designed in to the manufacturing process as part of the True Historic spec in 2015.

For reference, my 2014 doesn't have it, my 2017 does. Just worth keeping in mind as its things like that which might make future buyers question how 'TH' the TH spec actually is. Especially when the rumours of repurposed 2016's, short tenon versions etc etc are also considered.

Personally I prefer no gap though.