R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Adamski said:
    Having issues uploading from Imgur on my phone! Hold tight..

I couldn't load to imgur from my PC the other day.  Someone else on here said they had a problem with it the other day as well.  I ended up setting up a TinyPic account to show off my new R9.  There is a picture of it somewhere in this thread.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Where did you get your R9
    lp59boy said:
    Where did you get your R9

GuitarGuitar.  it was one of the very first reduced R9s.  They only had about 5 at the time, so I took a chance online.  If I'd known they were going to end up having 60 in stock, I would have waited and made a trip to Epsom.

It really is a great guitar though.  I'm committed now as my 14 days is up to return it.

• ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    edited September 2018
    Folded and added a nice bit of Lemon to my Iced Tea courtesy of the classifieds.

Lighter than my Iced tea, and not quite as well set up. For some reason the G saddle is reversed, so waiting on the seller to confirm. Medallion is back on it too...

With my R4 and Ryder Lemon..

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    @ellwood ;

Totally off-track, but is that a Trademark 10 or 30? and do you want to sell it?
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    It's a 60 actually. I've got 2, and am thinking of selling one. The one underneath (which doesn't have a badge). £150 - drop me a pm if interested.
  • I got my first 58 from GG last week, that one has a bit of flame, yes mine was not setup either, terrible buzzing
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    ellwood said:
    Folded and added a nice bit of Lemon to my Iced Tea courtesy of the classifieds.

Lighter than my Iced tea, and not quite as well set up. For some reason the G saddle is reversed, so waiting on the seller to confirm. Medallion is back on it too...

Nice!  The one with the flecks from Ben - good choice  :)

I think saddles can be reversed to get the correct intonation so it's not wrong.  You can flip it round if you want to and can still get the required intonation.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    edited September 2018
    Damn Andertons and their 3 yr interest free naughtiness
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    lp59boy said:
    I got my first 58 from GG last week, that one has a bit of flame, yes mine was not setup either, terrible buzzing
    Peach went over and above with setup tweaks on the R8s before the guitars went out.  I still had to tweak mine to suit my tastes, as you would expect.

My R9 came from GG and probably hadn't been touched since leaving the factory.  I did a fairly comprehensive setup on it as soon as it arrived as it was awful to play.
    Twinfan said:

My R9 came from GG and probably hadn't been touched since leaving the factory.  I did a fairly comprehensive setup on it as soon as it arrived as it was awful to play.

The set up on mine (came from GG) is pretty good.  The A string has a small amount of buzz on some of the lower frets if I dig in, but the action is very low - lower than any of my other guitars.  It's actually a bit too low for my tastes.  When I change the strings I'll put the bridge up a touch, which should fix the buzz.

It's a lot better than 3 other Gibsons I've had.  It doesn't have any tuning problems so it would appear the nut has been cut competently (unlike my ES Les Paul), the neck angle is good (unlike my old 2010 R8), and it's not cutting out intermittently so I assume the wires are actually soldered onto the volume pot (unlike my old ES339).

• bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    Twinfan said:
    The 7lb 15oz superlight I've christened "Duane" - it has an Allman Brothers vibe about the tone:

Wow.
    bodhi said:

Wow.
    Cheers!  You should hear it - it's very, very nice.  The light weight really gives it an acoustic quality and the pickups, being a little hotter than normal, give a slight 'honk' and real vocal quality to its amplified voice.  I'm well pleased with it  :)
  • You guys are gonna lose your shit when you do see @adamski ‘s R8....
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You guys are gonna lose your shit when you do see @adamski ‘s R8....
    I'm prepared.......

There weren't many figured R8's in the whole lot. I was quite pleased with the subtle figuring in mine, so in preparation for @Adamski 's guitar, I give you mine.....again.

Rob 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    That's lovely Ossy - really cool  :sunglasses: 
  • Twinfan said:
    That's lovely Ossy - really cool  :sunglasses: 
    I still don't have a favourite between my two, they are quite different, but both excellent. These have actually made me play guitar about twice as much as I had been doing before I got them too.
    edited September 2018
    Yours are from the first batch I assume - is that Iced Tea the one you got first?
  • GG have one R8 in stock if anyone is still after one they just emailed me 
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    edited September 2018
    Twinfan said:
    Yours are from the first batch I assume - is that Iced Tea the one you got first?
    Sort of. I bought and paid for one from the first batch at Peach. But Peach emailed with pics to say it had a gouge on the back edge of the body and gave me the option of choosing one from their second batch. I was emailed all of the Iced Tea's in the second batch before they went on the website, and this is the one I chose.

Then I waited a few days and watched everyone choosing and buying theirs, but still had a nagging feeling that I should have bought two. I kept coming back to a washed cherry in the second batch, but resisted, until at the end of a long day, it was the last remaining guitar on the site, so I figured it had been waiting for me to buy it. So I did.

Both guitars were delivered together.