R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• I agree. I’ve played slimmer necks in the past and this slightly thicker neck just feels much more natural to play to me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1421
    I agree. I’ve played slimmer necks in the past and this slightly thicker neck just feels much more natural to play to me.
    Totally agree with this. Strange feeling to start with but once used to it very difficult to go back to smaller necks. 
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    I wonder when the peach ones arrive?
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    hyperben said:
    I agree. I’ve played slimmer necks in the past and this slightly thicker neck just feels much more natural to play to me.
    Totally agree with this. Strange feeling to start with but once used to it very difficult to go back to smaller necks. 
    With a skinny neck your thumb is pressed in towards your palm. It's a less relaxed position for the hand. Just got to get used to having your fingers further away
  • The R8 profile is definitely smaller than my Joe Perry 59’ profile. That guitar has bigger shoulders and is a real Chunky neck but the R8 is a great neck profile 
    Twinfan said:
    meltedbuzzbox said:
    If only there was some sort of place you could visit with a selection of guitars you could play...
    The two I wanted to try were in Glasgow and Epsom, and I live in Manchester...
    The only way for most to get a great looking and playing guitar at this price is distance buying as unfortunately there isn’t the luxury of time for many to get to a shop before they sell, even more difficult when they’re in two different shops.
  • GG and pmt will ship the guitars to your nearest store if you ask them. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    GG and pmt will ship the guitars to your nearest store if you ask them. 
    Nice to have that option, but I probably wouldn’t use it as I’d rather try them at home through my own amp in my own time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • roberty said:
    hyperben said:
    With a skinny neck your thumb is pressed in towards your palm. It's a less relaxed position for the hand. Just got to get used to having your fingers further away
    That is what I was trying to articulate - and not doing so very well  :s
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    hyperben said:
    I had a 2010 R8 with a really big neck.  Felt incredibly comfortable to play, but it was a bit too big.  I realised this when I was trying record something on it.  I'd recorded it with another guitar, and I thought I'd try the Les Paul.  It took me about 10 takes to play it cleanly!

I do have very short fingers, which probably doesn't help, but there are limits to how big a neck can go.  Having said that, I'd rather too big than too shallow.   Shallow necks have made my wrist hurt in the past.

The R9 neck is nice.  Decent size without being too big.
  • Ok guys someone’s gotta keep this thread going

My 3rd purchase from these price bonanzas 

just picked up this 59 tabacco from GG in Epsom, still in the car as I’m still at work
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 537
    Nice! :D 
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    edited September 2018
    lp59boy said:
    Ok guys someone’s gotta keep this thread going

just picked up this 59 tabacco from GG in Epsom, still in the car as I’m still at work
    3rd purchase, £3.5k guitar left in a car!  HNGD
  • 0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lp59boy said:
    Ok guys someone’s gotta keep this thread going

Where you parked? Just want to make sure you left the car in a safe place.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    Christ. There has been a lot of dough spent by this thread over past 3 weeks! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    That looks lovely @lp59boy ;

I have lost track, so which other two did you buy?

and just because why the hell not, here are a couple of more photos of mine:

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dbphoto said:
    That looks lovely @lp59boy ;

I have lost track, so which other two did you buy?

and just because why the hell not, here are a couple of more photos of mine:

Looks gorgeous mate!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    I have absolutely no objection to people posting more photos of their R8's.

The thread shall live on!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom