R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    Were they flamey ones or the standard plain tops?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The latest 9Ib one sold at Richtone 

2 left there now
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    versace said:

peach had 2 lemons on very late last night, I had one in my basket a 2am this morning ,then I decided to sleep on it consequently they were gone when  woke up

That’s annoying as we were due to get the heads up first 

The guy from Peach also said that they would be in the shop before they were up on the website, and suggested a visit to the shop. If anyone followed up on that, they may never have reached the website.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • they were plain but some nice movement in the grain.
  • I think it was a case of look at the Peach website whenever you can....a bit like buying unsold Record Store Day releases....be quick on the website! Surprised I got mine. 
  • I think it was a case of look at the Peach website whenever you can....a bit like buying unsold Record Store Day releases....be quick on the website! Surprised I got mine. 
    I got bored of refreshing the website every 30 minutes like I had OCD lol. They said they would post here first so I thought it was pointless continuing to stalk the website 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sounds like all Peach's have gone now.  They said one Iced Tea and three lemon, the Iced Tea went to you and if two lemons went last night the third probably did too or to an in-store customer.
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    Twinfan said:
    Are there examples still online of 2017 R8s at full price?
    Yep.  One at GG here for example:  https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/180112320756007-888156--gibson-custom-shop-hand-picked-les-paul-standard-vos-195

Lots of 2017 R9s knocking about, not as many of the R8s as I first thought.
    That's not the same as our batch I don't think
    Still a 2017 R8, which was the question  :)
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    As said there were 2 dirty lemons on peach website in the early hoursof this morning , 3.00am (Was on nightshift) i was tempted but they were too plain for me ,and one had weird grain around the rythm treble switch area, not crap but not my cup of tea,but some early birds have nabbed them this morning.
  • peachguitarsdotcompeachguitarsdotcom Frets: 456
    edited September 2018
    terada said:
    Peach have been great through this thread, but they’ve played this one wrong (for them) imo
    Have we? The guitar were sold in store and online as soon as they went up? We are a bricks and mortar store don't forget. We do have customers in the shop every day looking for les pauls!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1418
    I get the impression the demand for these is starting to dry up a little now. They’re definitely not selling as fast. And with more now appearing on classifieds are we about to see a reissue LP price crash? I guess it depends how long it takes till all the reduced ones are all sold. 
  • terada said:
    Peach have been great through this thread, but they’ve played this one wrong (for them) imo
    Have we? The guitar were sold in store and online as soon as they went up? We are a bricks and mortar store don't forget. We do have customers in the shop every day looking for les pauls!
    There's supposedly 2 more on the way as well
  • terada said:
    How'd you mean?
    Dithering I think with this new batch that they have 

A lot of loyalty here that would rather give them the money but they were said to be going up on the site and it’s all gone quiet with no update since so people have had to jump on them elsewhere rather than hang on for something that may not materialise 

Not a problem for peach as they’ll sell them anyway 

That’s not a criticism in any way before anyone starts crying. Think FB members would have rather thrown their money that way given the option first  that’s all 
    We certainly didn't dither. I had 5 salesman absolutely chomping at the bit to get their hands on them and they wanted their commission! I was going to get a big announcement ready but unsurprisingly they all sold straight away. Each guitar needed to be teched before they went for photographs and then they have to go through that process and unfortunately none of this is quick. As much as i'd love to, i can't say no to a customer in the store that's telling us that they want to buy one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 15reaction image Wisdom
  • Bit odd saying that stores are dithering, I think all the retailers have been on the ball to be fair. Even GG who have been absolutely slammed by some. I've had nothing but good service from everyone I've called and spoken to (including Peach)...even the ones who should have had sour grapes for not getting in on the 2017 lot.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8188
    Never mind all that bollocks. Look how close we are to page 100!
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4180
    edited September 2018
    versace said:

peach had 2 lemons on very late last night, I had one in my basket a 2am this morning ,then I decided to sleep on it consequently they were gone when  woke up

Same here, just had a very expensive September and Christmas looming, though I don’t think we’ve seen the last of the R8’s
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    edited September 2018
    If "played it wrong" means selling lots of expensive goods for the asking price immediately, I'll take some of that wrong for my day job please.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Okay the squeamish among you may wish to look away at this point...

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Ok. If they pass the QC, we will put a message on here saying what time they’ll go live and then everyone can have a fair crack at it

peachguitarsdotcom said:
    terada said:
    For me you have.

You didn't do what you said you would.

What's worse I spoke to your store when they were in stock for info on them, but rather than give any info was told to check the forum as they would go up there first.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom