R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• teradaterada Frets: 5113
    edited September 2018
    How many guitars are people selling to offset the cost of the R8?  I'm going for ten @ £250 each!
    So far:

4 guitars
    3 amps
    1 soul

(not really my soul, just a kidney, and a leg, and my innocence - didn't get much for that)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    Twinfan said:
    Not for me.  I know it's historically accurate for Fenders, but not for Gibsons.
    How cheap would it have to be? Everything has a price!
    I presume you mean these?

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2017/Custom/Les-Paul-Standard-Painted-Over.aspx

I could probably rock a black-over-gold in my band.  How much do you reckon you could let them out of the door at  ;)
  • How many guitars are people selling to offset the cost of the R8?  I'm going for ten @ £250 each!
    Sold one @ £7500, bought two R8's and put the rest in the bank.
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    I've sold none, just added the R8 and R9.
  • Twinfan said:
    Twinfan said:
    Not for me.  I know it's historically accurate for Fenders, but not for Gibsons.

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2017/Custom/Les-Paul-Standard-Painted-Over.aspx

I could probably rock a black-over-gold in my band.  How much do you reckon you could let them out of the door at  ;)
    I'm working on it....
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    Twinfan said:
    Twinfan said:

omg i'm loving that
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    edited September 2018
    Gibson did produce a black over cherry sunburst Les Paul. It's still exists and is known as the "Blackburst", currently owned by Joe Bonamassa.

I could fancy one of those...........

Edit: WTF am I thinking!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That is kinda cool! (the black over gold)....

I'm selling one guitar to buy the R8....it's only 1/4 of the price of the R8 or less, but it helps. 
  • This is why Peach are cool. I absolutely love the user research they do using us as a soundboard. Good for you guys...a retailer that gets it right!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • Ossyrocks said:
    How many guitars are people selling to offset the cost of the R8?  I'm going for ten @ £250 each!
    That's the way to do it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    terada said:
    This will be forever known as the 'R8 Peach Deal of 2018' when people are still on the forum in a few years, and the R8s are £6k.
    Absolutely, I'm very intrigued to see what the 2019 R8 prices will be
    My understanding is that all Custom Shop guitars will be made to measure going forward. Dealers will be able to order historic spec if they wish.  I would use the £5.1k M2M '58s currently at Peach as a benchmark for my expectations
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11413

Haven't sold any yet, but I bought on the 0% deal.  I'm back up to 8 electrics again, and planning to build one on a Crimson course next year, so I might sell one - probably a PRS Vela, which I haven't played for 2 or 3 months.  Still a great guitar though so I might keep it..
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
    Twinfan said:
    Twinfan said:

I'm working on it....
    Don't you fkg dare even think about it ;

I have my hands on my ears going nah nah nah nah nah not listening.....
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • Twinfan said:
    I kinda like the idea of a “Hot Rodded Lester”, badly refinished in the 80’s :-)

Its the sort of stuff players rather than the factory did but it’s still kinda cool!

Reminds me of Viv Campbells 77 Les Paul that he used for the first Dio records. Was originally a Goldtop, repainted Black by hand. It still has the brush marks!

Would definitely consider one at the right price.
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1083
    Anyone dig the colour over colour Les Pauls....?
    The Kerry Green one is right up my street....
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    roberty said:

My understanding is that all Custom Shop guitars will be made to measure going forward. Dealers will be able to order historic spec if they wish.  I would use the £5.1k M2M '58s currently at Peach as a benchmark for my expectations
    @peachguitarsdotcom ;
    what do you reckon ?
  • Ossyrocks said:
    Surely not the Terry Morgan sold?!
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14034
    tFB Trader
    Ossyrocks said:
    got to page 100 and no previous mention of Terry so far - So don't spoil it now !!!!!!!!!!!!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ossyrocks said:
    got to page 100 and no previous mention of Terry so far - So don't spoil it now !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Agreed!
  • SRichSRich Frets: 762
    edited September 2018
    Is there still room on page 100?...........didn't buy one, would loved to have but other things take precedence. 

For my 10c, Peach handled their affairs just right here. The moral high ground is clearly somewhere over in Colchester.

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have"