A few hours at @customkits

What's Hot
so, take one allparts FAT strat neck, a few rasps and files etc and you will end up with something playable and not shit!... :)

thanks to @customkits for this one!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16665
    I don’t mind the thickness of the Allparts FAT necks, but find the profile quite underdone.  I like to keep them thick but V  the nut And taper it to a Fat C at the 12th

they definitely work best when reshaped and actually fret dressed
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    WezV said:
    I don’t mind the thickness of the Allparts FAT necks, but find the profile quite underdone.  I like to keep them thick but V  the nut And taper it to a Fat C at the 12th

Ive been using it as is for a good while now... Darren has ruined me with the tele neck he made me... best neck I have on any guitar!

I’m going to commit fender heresy here... the tele neck is a 58 lpj dc profile!!!!!!

so as there is enough meat on the FAT neck it’s getting done... as will my rosewood strat neck...

There, I’ve said it, I poopot, who hates Gibson stuff, absolutely loves the 58 lpj dc neck profile!!!!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3290
    tFB Trader
    poopot said:
    WezV said:

Ive been using it as is for a good while now... Darren has ruined me with the tele neck he made me... best neck I have on any guitar!

I’m going to commit fender heresy here... the tele neck is a 58 lpj dc profile!!!!!!

so as there is enough meat on the FAT neck it’s getting done... as will my rosewood strat neck...

There, I’ve said it, I poopot, who hates Gibson stuff, absolutely loves the 58 lpj dc neck profile!!!!!!
    You'll soon be needing a lp special to go with that neck profile , that'll really ruin you
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    You'll soon be needing a lp special to go with that neck profile , that'll really ruin you
    Stop enabling my guitar habit!... :)
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3290
    edited August 2018 tFB Trader
    poopot said:
    Stop enabling my guitar habit!...
    Don't worry we'll have that sorted out with a how to scratch build thread, when you're ready obviously

Glad i had a shave now  =)
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Not being one to hang about or someone with any patients whatsoever...

tint done, strings back on!...

• I've always liked the soft V necks as found on the Fender 50's classic player Strat's (so 9.5 radius and medium jumbo frets). But I'm really a rosewood board type of person - is reshaping one of these Allparts necks to my preferred neck shape really a viable option? 
    I've always liked the soft V necks as found on the Fender 50's classic player Strat's (so 9.5 radius and medium jumbo frets). But I'm really a rosewood board type of person - is reshaping one of these Allparts necks to my preferred neck shape really a viable option? 
    Yes... Is the short answer.

@customkits recently made me a tele neck, It has become my goto guitar, after all the years and guitars I have been through I have finally found a neck profile that I really get on with...

Darren re-profilled the FAT strat neck to the exact same profile as that tele neck... He will be getting a couple of other guitars in the not so distant future...

Keep a look out for the FAT necks as I think a lot of people buy them thinking they will suit (me Included) and then realise they are no good so they get sold cheap!...

Darren will be along shortly to fill you in with more details no doubt!!!! :)