Good quality amp for acoustic guitar and vocals?

What's Hot
LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3838
As per the title. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• interstellarinterstellar Frets: 486
    edited August 2018
    charlie chandlers have an 2nd hand AER at a VERY reasonable price which would more than do the job, or personally speaking i would buy a PA, sounds bigger and better and if needs be get a quality preamp/di for the guitar  hope that helps
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    I’d say an FRFR monitor with at least two dual XLR/jack inputs and separate levels - with possibly a DI pedal for the acoustic
  • westwest Frets: 996
    I had an acoustic image  clarus 1 r which was fab ... should never have sold it .

• LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3838
    Can't see that AER on their website @interstellar ???
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72299
    The Marshall AS100D is actually pretty decent and can be had for very little, in relation to the new price. The AS50R/D is much less good though (but D is better than R).

Most other acoustic amps are just a little too small to do a decent job for both at the same time in my experience - although the old Trace Elliot TA100 is OK.

I've got an Acus One at the moment, but I haven't tried if for both at once

A powered PA cab or FRFR monitor would also work as Bridgehouse said, but it's likely to be a bit bigger and heavier, and you will need an outboard preamp for the guitar unless it's got a very comprehensive onboard system.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Lebarque said:
    @Lebarque must have sold it in the last day or two, shame it was a bargain
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3838
    Lebarque said:
    @Lebarque must have sold it in the last day or two, shame it was a bargain
    Ahh, shame. Many thanks for pointing it out.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    ICBM said:
    The Marshall AS100D is actually pretty decent and can be had for very little, in relation to the new price. The AS50R/D is much less good though (but D is better than R).

Most other acoustic amps are just a little too small to do a decent job for both at the same time in my experience - although the old Trace Elliot TA100 is OK.

I've got an Acus One at the moment, but I haven't tried if for both at once

A powered PA cab or FRFR monitor would also work as Bridgehouse said, but it's likely to be a bit bigger and heavier, and you will need an outboard preamp for the guitar unless it's got a very comprehensive onboard system.
    Funnily enough my QSC k10.2 is smaller than the Marshall as100d, and 8kg lighter....!
  • jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2464
    What are you needing it for? Gigs or home/cafe type scenario?