PSA: William The Conqueror - go watch this band

JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6385
edited August 2018 in Music
Caught this band at Towersy festival, loved their set so much I sacked of the headliners to watch them again in the Bar Tent.

Guitarist has 3 pedals and a Blues Junior - produced some epic tones from his Hofner Verithins.

Bought the CD (they sold out), and got mine signed, as well as the signed set list - yes they appreciated fanboi behaviour !

Great mixture of fantastic lyrics and vibe reminiscent of early Dire Straits, JJ Cale, grungy alt.country, and a smattering of The Heartbreakers.

</gush ends>

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1946
    That Hofner sounds great - I learnt on a Hofner Verythin bass and an Ex-Small Faces Harmony bass (really fun to play)
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    It is a good debut album. Not caught him / them live yet, but saw the photo he posted in Facebook - big crowd in the tent
  • Caught them on a 'sounds like the best thing on' moment at Cambridge Folk last year and they were fantastic! The album is very good and I've seen them once since down London, still playing venues way below their talent level. They have just teased that new music is on the way soon too.