FX Pedal remote switching question(s)

Hi all, hope you don't mind but I've put this separate to my pedal building thread in the hopes that some of the FX builders will see it who may not look at my other thread regularly. 

I've built a few pedals now.  I did a couple for a mate recently and he asked me if I could include remote switching capability as he uses a Boss ES-8 switcher on his board.  Essentially, he wanted to be able to have more than one pedal in a loop and switch them on/off individually using the control outputs of the switcher unit.  

On an initial hunch I chucked a mini jack socket in series with the circuit thinking that a latching switch would be able to make/break the circuit as long as the pedal's footswitch was engaged.  Unfortunately, I realise now that this won't work as this doesn't enable the signal to pass through the true bypass when the effect is deactivated in this manner. (D'oh!) 

In an attempt to come up with a solution, I have picked up some of these: http://1776effects.com/product/finish-line-relay-bypass/ ;

The switching in these relay bypasses are done with a single momentary footswitch.  Am I right in thinking that if I solder a jack socket in parallel with the switch then any momentary switching signal sent through a TS jack attached to that socket will actuate the relay. (Presumably it will need to be a jack socket that is normally open when no plug is inserted, unlike a normally closed socket, e.g. headphone type).  If so, then that solves the problem with the current pedals, as they are both using a standard 3PDT switch at present and this can just drop in as a replacement and the only wires I need to think about are the in and out from the effect. 

Secondary question, assuming that I haven't missed something above, is how would I wire it up in a pedal with a buffered bypass?  For example, I have a Klone that I want to add remote switching to (circuit layout below) but I'm not sure where I would wire this in in order to have the signal go through the buffer on bypass? 

Any advice or alternative solutions very much appreciated.  Cheers all. :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom