SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Strat Harness

What's Hot
Looking for a decent 5 way harness/loom with quality pots and switch. Don't mind if has mods such as, bridge/neck blend, treble bleed or tone on the bridge.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    Budget?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    Depends on what it is I guess. New, decent ones go for about £55 to £65 -  so less than that.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11590
    tFB Trader
    Got a new full one with pickguard and Mex H/S/S pickups for £100

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    To clarify, I just need the harness. I have pickups and pickguard. Cheers 
  • Bump
  • Bump
  • I'll check my parts box when I get home to see what's in stock.
    I haven't done it for a while but I used to make and sell these...

Do you need the jack or is it just pots, cap, and switch?
    Cheers,
    Matt
  • Hi there, jack not essential. Just needs to have decent quality parts and .22 cap with a no-load tone pot on the bridge.

Cheers 
    Russ
  • Ok I'll price that up and get back to you
  • Mattayus said:
    Ok I'll price that up and get back to you
    Scrap the above suggestion I made about the tone on the bridge and no load pot. Now I just need a standard harness with neck middle with separate tone controls and master volume. If you have .022 cap great, if not .047 will do. Basically what ever you have in the back of the cupboard!
  • Ok, so I have no 250k CTS pots left, but that simply means I need to order some in any way!

If you want full bells and whistles I can do you 3 TVT (true vintage taper) 250k split shaft CTS pots, .022 cap, 5-way switch, wired up and sent to your door for £45.95

I've got .022 Orange Drop caps, or a rather fancy .025 russian military paper-in-wax cap. Might not notice a great deal of difference between the two, but it'll sure as hell make you seem like a right cork-sniffer!

The opposite end of the spectrum... I can do you 3 Alpha pots with a bog standard mylar film cap for around £25.
  • Mattayus said:
    Ok, so I have no 250k CTS pots left, but that simply means I need to order some in any way!

If you want full bells and whistles I can do you 3 TVT (true vintage taper) 250k split shaft CTS pots, .022 cap, 5-way switch, wired up and sent to your door for £45.95

I've got .022 Orange Drop caps, or a rather fancy .025 russian military paper-in-wax cap. Might not notice a great deal of difference between the two, but it'll sure as hell make you seem like a right cork-sniffer!

The opposite end of the spectrum... I can do you 3 Alpha pots with a bog standard mylar film cap for around £25.
    I love a bit of cork sniffing so let's go Russian with full bells and whistles!
  • I'll get ordering! With a little lead time for the missing bits I estimate shipping it towards the end of this coming week if that's Ok?
  • That's great. I'm in no rush, still need to find a neck, knobs and tuners.

Cheers