Boucher guitars

What's Hot
glt56glt56 Frets: 209
edited August 2018 in Acoustics
Has anyone else in the UK come across this French-Canadian luthier - http://www.guitareboucher.com/en/ ?  A few months ago I picked up a Boucher "Wild Goose 000" with a fabulous Adirondack Spruce top and East Indian Rosewood sides, all solid of course. It is really beautifully put together and has real depth and projection but with a very delicate tone.  Although it's called 000, it has a more OM body shape and is a real do it all guitar.  I see they are rather expensive in Europe with distributors in France, Holland and Germany, but none over in the UK yet.  Dunno why?  The Fellowship of Acoustics currently has a few Boucher guitars at around the €5000 mark, so like I said... seriously expensive!  Last weekend I managed to get my second Boucher, a Spruce Goose Dreadnought, which is built to a similar standard but is unusual as the top, back and sides is completely Adirondack Spruce, with what appears to be Cocobolo  back stripe, and top binding.  It seems Boucher are located in the largest Adirondack Spruce forest in Canada & North America, so they use it as a top for ALL their guitars, but as far as I know, this is the only one that's completely Adirondack.  The guitar has incredible clarity and is fantastic for fingerpicking but has piano like depth when strummed.  Incredible instrument!  Anyone else got one of these beauties in the UK?  Here's the two I have:

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Nice. Enjoy. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • glt56glt56 Frets: 209
    jellyroll said:
    Nice. Enjoy. 
    Cheers, out of interest, I just found this ad & video on a French website: http://www.laguitare.com/guitare-lutherie-banc_essai-boucher_guitars-10_guitares_boucher_en_test_et_video-6018-5.html

I think it's roughly translated to:

STUDIO - SPRUCE GOOSE - Dreadnought

Here finally is the model hand made from all spruce! The sound projection is less powerful than on other models and the player should adapt his right hand to bring out the best of this model. The sound grain is quite original. The bass is shallow but warm, as for the midrange and treble, they are present. The projection is good and the sustain impressive. This guitar, in this format, is better for fingers than pick.

SERIES: STUDIO
    MODEL: SPRUCE GOOSE
    FORMAT: Dreadnought

Soundboard (classification): Adirondack Spruce (AA)
    Bracing material: Adirondack Spruce (AA)
    Bracing type: Hand-refined
    Side & back (solid wood): Adirondack Spruce (AA)
    Scale : 25.5 "/ 648mm
    No. of frets: 14
    Body Width: 16.00 "   /   406.0mm
    Body Length: 22.875 "   /   505.0mm
    Body Depth: 4.875 "   /   124.0mm
    Nut width: 1.6875 "/   42.8mm
    Width of the neck at the 12th fret: 2.125 "/ 54.0mm
    Decorative strip on the back: Cocobolo
    Decorative strip at the joint: Cocobolo
    Binding: Cocobolo
    Rosette: cocobolo
    Neck material: South American mahogany
    Fretboard material: Solid ebony
    Truss rod: Double action
    Nut material: Tusq
    Saddle material: Tusq
    Fret inlay material: Abalone
    Inlay material (Boucher): Pearl mother of pearl
    Headstock face material: Solid ebony
    Sealed gear wrenches: Gotoh / Gold
    Pickguard: Natural Tortoise
    Finish of the neck: Satin
    Top and body finish: Chandelier
    Bridge pins: Tusq   4mm
    Recommended string size: Medium 13-56
    Factory-installed strings: D'Addario: EXP12 80/20
    Inner label: Signed
    Hard case molded and labeled: Series

Weird, I've never seen another ALL spruce guitar!

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7764
    edited August 2018
    They look very nice. Any closeups of the spruce back and sides in good light?
    They look very nice. Any closeups of the spruce back and sides in good light?
    Best I can do with my stupid phone...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice guitars... I have a Boucher Heritage Goose Parlour in Adirondack and Rosewood that I'm hoping to sell. They are cracking guitars, loads of tone, mine is a pocket rocket.   
    Kirky66 said:
    Nice guitars... I have a Boucher Heritage Goose Parlour in Adirondack and Rosewood that I'm hoping to sell. They are cracking guitars, loads of tone, mine is a pocket rocket.   
    How much are you looking for?  I might be interested...   :)