SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: 1931 Martin 5-17t Tenor Guitar £1500 w/hiscox case

jackorionjackorion Frets: 27
edited November 2018 in Acoustics £
I'm selling my Martin 5-17t serial: 46085 from 1931 - £1700    £1500

Considering it's age, this instrument is in very good condition - there is a fair amount of wear to the finish but no refins or serious repairs.

The bridge plate has had a repair done where the pin holes had worn and new plugs have been inserted into the original plate.

The neck was reset by Mansons a couple of years ago and it is now playable with a low action and a straight neck.

The original bar frets are in good condition and probably still have a couple of fret dresses in them if needs be.

It sounds fantastic! Probably one of the loudest instruments I've ever played and it's super light and really lively - I currently tune it to CGCF but it also sounds great in the more traditional Tenor tuning as well.

Included is a small hiscox classical case that I've had to mod a little bit with some foam to get a snug fit, but it's still a really good case that protects the guitar well and is over £100 on it's own.

Lots of photos here:

flic.kr/s/aHsmhCg6US

People are welcome to come and play in Exeter - UK sales only due to CITES (the guitar has a Brazilian rosewood headplate) - I could ship for a further £50 or arrange to meet up somehow, just PM me. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments