SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED MacBook Air

robwrightrobwright Frets: 736
edited August 2018 in Misc £
Just bought one from @strumjoughlamps and it’s brilliant - my first Mac and as good as everyone says!

Now youngest daughter wants one for Uni! Anything about? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• wibblewibble Frets: 1097
    She should get a unidays acount. This will give you the educational discount at the Apple Store for a new one. 

A new model of the Air (or cheaper Macbook) has been rumoured to be released in the near future though

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6053
    wibble said:

A new model of the Air (or cheaper Macbook) has been rumoured to be released in the near future though

I've been holding my breath for so long on that rumour I'm turning blue. @wibble is right though, Apple do some good student deals, worth checking out.
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Or you can consider my MacBook Pro. See my signature. Could even be persuaded to haggle. 
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9575

Currys appear to be selling MacBook Airs for £799 at the moment. Described as 2017 models, but I couldn't find any difference in spec between it and the model sold on the Apple Store for £950.

I got an Apple Educational discount through Unidays last year, bit disappointing though, only £19 off a $400 iPad.

• robwrightrobwright Frets: 736
    Thanks for the info guys - she got a 2015 MacBook Air for £430 do she’s happy!