Going Rate for NYE gig

What's Hot
newi123newi123 Frets: 850
We don`t usually play NYE but have been offered a gig this year in a local busy pub.

4 piece good rock band - usual fee £250 / £300 in sunny Wilts. What should we expect to go out for on NYE? Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    newi123 said:
    We don`t usually play NYE but have been offered a gig this year in a local busy pub.

4 piece good rock band - usual fee £250 / £300 in sunny Wilts. What should we expect to go out for on NYE? Cheers
    I suspect, and going by what we get (£400-£500) for a regular busy pub gig... the venue will have a max budget of a grand...

try them at £200/person with dinner thrown in alongside a couple of free tickets each!...

• We normally look for 200-250 per person for NYE. We are a 5 piece that goes out for anywhere between 300 (pubs) to 500 (functions/clubs).
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26749
    My old 4-piece usually started around 50 a head, and asked for 200 each for NYE. I think we actually got 150 plus snacks & drinks
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • My 6 piece ska band's standard starting rate is £350 (inc.paying our sound man), but if we were to play a NYE gig it would probably go up to £490 all in.
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 833
    edited August 2018
    Do you mind me asking what band you’re in? Only that I’m in north Wilts too and like to see who’s about so I can try and catch anyone
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 850
    Cheers guys

Band is Rorke`s Drift - Swindon based Rock. Who do you play with @markslade07 ?
  • Cool, will keep a look out! No-one at the min, a 3 year old and 18 month old twins have meant a break in doing anything, though just starting to have a look around and see if there are any opportunities again now
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 850
    Ah! Understood - I do the Jam at the Regent on Vic hill every Wed - nice place to come an meet musicians and have a drink. Next RD gig in Swindon is the Rolly on Sat 8th Feb.

• Ah cool, I’ll try and pop along to that some time, sounds good...cheers for the heads up!
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Double your normal fee and some freebies if possible!
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 403
    We're getting £350 plus a round of drinks for a 7 piece.  The pub normally pays £150.
  • Normal price in the past for my 5 piece band was anywhere from £1000 - £1500 depending on venue/travel time etc. Which is on the cheaper side round my area. There are several bands that charge double that.

However this New Years Eve will be the first one in 18 years I won't be out gigging, as our lead singer has taken a solo gig :-)

• sw67sw67 Frets: 228
    Playing a function this year £400 total + partners free tickets. Did my local as a favor last year at £400 as they give us other gigs. I would have asked at least £800 for a ticketed event but another band member mentioned fee first. 
  • poopot said:
    newi123 said:

I suspect, and going by what we get (£400-£500) for a regular busy pub gig... the venue will have a max budget of a grand...

try them at £200/person with dinner thrown in alongside a couple of free tickets each!...

Yes agree with this. I wouldn't expect anything less I.e. £200 each band member 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1687
    As a four piece, we are getting £1000 this year which is the same as last. I dont really want tk go out for anything else on nye
  • ash96ash96 Frets: 61
    Pubs round here (brighton) seem to pay around £150 per person for NYE (non ticketed), but I usually do private functions (weddings, parties etc) in which case its usually around £350-400 per person.
  • ash96 said:
    Pubs round here (brighton) seem to pay around £150 per person for NYE (non ticketed), but I usually do private functions (weddings, parties etc) in which case its usually around £350-400 per person.
    Weddings I'd expect that due to the amount of time one has to wait around etc. It's a long day those type of gigs 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3576
    It's the one night of the year that everyone else is out having a party and you are working. Staff in (pretty much) every other industry tend to get rewarded, don't get suckered, you are holding aces.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom