Credit Card Fraud - FAO Ticketmaster customers

ash96ash96 Frets: 61
Just got a call from my band, a bunch of payments have been made on my credit card, a couple successfully (I'm getting refunded though) and a bunch unsuccessfully.

After a few minutes of digging, it looks like its down to my purchase at ticketmaster a few months back, as they had a big data breach. They've had a few other customers who've had the same thing and I've had a couple of mates who have had the same thing, who were also ticket master customers.

If you've used them it could be worth changing cards as the guy said to me that they may have just 'got around' to trying mine. If they have a big list they'll just go through it one by one.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• gubblegubble Frets: 1746
    Had this a few weeks back - someone had got my credit card details and tried using it. 
    My bank didn't authorise the transaction and contacted me straight away blocking the card and sending out a new one to me.

The only purchase i'd made on it in the last 12 months was through ticketmaster so they were sure it came down to that breach

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4774
    edited August 2018
    Can I ask when you bought tickets? According to Ticketmaster themselves only payments between February and 23rd June were affected. I bought some tix in January and now I'm paranoid! Thanks

Ps Also what was the name on the fraudulent payments, can you remember? The internet is saying Netflix and stuff. Cheers

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9657
    edited August 2018
    Bank stopped my card a few weeks back due to suspected fraudulent payments. They reckoned that Ticketmaster was the source of the problem (even though I hadn’t used them since, probably, January).
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1746
    It will have been December or January i think as i purchased Gary Barlow tickets for the wife.......
    And literally that was the only transaction for well over 12 months previously.

I can't remember who HSBC told me the payments were trying to be made to however i'm afraid.
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4774
    That's worrying, their own website says Feb onwards to June. If you've both been affected yet only made payments to them prior to this then I'm definitely in line as mine was January 2018 too. Right on to the bank I think. Thanks guys

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.