NAD - Fender Blues Deluxe -with pic

What's Hot
lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
edited August 2018 in Amps
I have just done a deal on a Fender Blues Deluxe Limited Edition emerald green with Celestian cream back speaker. Hopefully it'll arrive early next week!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VinylfanVinylfan Frets: 33
    Now that sounds lovely!  Would be great to see a picture when it arrives - is it a new model?  The emerald green sounds lovely.
  • It arrived today. Superb sounds from my initial playing. Looks lovely too. 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2489
    Nice :+1: 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    That's really nice - much darker and less obviously 'green' than I expected. Very classy :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    That's really nice - much darker and less obviously 'green' than I expected. Very classy :).
    It's a lovely green...almost British racing green and it matches really well with th speaker cloth. Like new condition too. It has a really useful velcro strap inside for the footswitch too which is neat
    lincolnblue said:

It has a really useful velcro strap inside for the footswitch too which is neat
    They all have that :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

• fftcfftc Frets: 559
    ICBM said:
    What he said.
    Enjoy.
    Also probably worth mentioning - no idea if this is something you would want to check or adjust yourself, but these amps run a little cooler and more reliably if they're set to the true UK mains voltage of 240V rather than the EU-standardised 230V. This can be done simply by swapping two push-connectors on the PCB inside, no soldering needed.

It's less of an issue on the Deluxe than the Deville though, so if it's something you don't feel comfortable doing yourself I would probably be inclined to leave it until it needs a service for any other reason, rather than pay a tech just to swap two connectors :). They're by no means 'unreliable' at 230V, just slightly better in the long term if they're at 240.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    Also probably worth mentioning - no idea if this is something you would want to check or adjust yourself, but these amps run a little cooler and more reliably if they're set to the true UK mains voltage of 240V rather than the EU-standardised 230V. This can be done simply by swapping two push-connectors on the PCB inside, no soldering needed.

It's less of an issue on the Deluxe than the Deville though, so if it's something you don't feel comfortable doing yourself I would probably be inclined to leave it until it needs a service for any other reason, rather than pay a tech just to swap two connectors :). They're by no means 'unreliable' at 230V, just slightly better in the long term if they're at 240.
    Thanks that's useful to know. I'll ask the seller if he ever did it
  • Looks fabulous. Love the shade of green - very understated and very cool. 
  • So I gave it its first real test at church today. Blown away by it. Genuinely felt I played better as a result of it. Really chuffed!!