Anyone ordered online from PMT recently? If so, I have a question!

What's Hot
Wasn't sure whether to post this in Guitars or here, but since it doesn't really matter that what I ordered is a guitar, I'll just put it here - My apologies if it's the wrong place.

Anyway, I ordered a guitar last month & it should hopefully be here very soon. Earlier in the month I called up PMT & they said it'll be with me at the end of the month, & after calling up on Tuesday, they said the guitar is in the UK & should be with me on Thursday.

But I've received no e-mails, no tracking details, and the order still shows on the PMT website as "In Progress." - Is this normal, or should I expect it to come on Friday? Not that I'm absolutely dying to get my hands on this thing, of course... I can totally control myself... But I'd hate to miss the delivery, & I'd equally hate to mess up my routine to wait all day for something that won't actually come.

The PMT staff have been amazing every time I've called, but I'm too embarrassed to call again & ask about this, haha.

Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    If you have a question you’re not sure about call the store and ask them it’s their job to explain things about the sale you don’t understand.  
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    Honestly I would, but the store is closed right now, and the guy said tomorrow. I just don't wanna waste a day waiting in for it if they've not yet send it out, so I was hoping someone could tell me whether or not it's usual to have a lack of tracking information, or if it's indicative of it coming at a later date.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    I ordered a guitar from PMT a year or so back and they shipped via DPD, so you had all the tracking in the world once it shipped.

Phone them tomorrow, they are all guitarists in the shops they will understand you want your guitar :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I ordered a guitar from PMT a year or so back and they shipped via DPD, so you had all the tracking in the world once it shipped.

Phone them tomorrow, they are all guitarists in the shops they will understand you want your guitar :)
    Cheers dude, I will if I wake up & have no tracking info in the morning. Needless to say after waiting more than 5 weeks that I'm kiiiinda ready to actually play the damn thing at this point.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6875
    What is it you ordered? 

Yeah deffo call them just to make sure. 

I ‘think’ my pmt orders have been dpd too.. and I think dpd usually text you on the day to give you a window.. but I could be wrong on both counts..
    That could be andertons or gak.. lol! 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
    edited August 2018
    A new Telecaster Bit of self-indulgence for the upcoming 30th, with the help of some family members under the promise that I never sell this guitar, haha.

And aye, I've ordered so much over the years to so many addresses that I've no idea who uses what & where/how/why.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6875
    Oooh nice one! Hope it arrives tomorrow for you man! 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Tenebrous said:
    A new Telecaster Bit of self-indulgence for the upcoming 30th, with the help of some family members under the promise that I never sell this guitar, haha.

And aye, I've ordered so much over the years to so many addresses that I've no idea who uses what & where/how/why.
    Not that you would, but if it’s any comfort, you wouldn't be breaking your promise if you gave it away or traded it.

Hope the guitar arrives safely. And I hope it’s a corker. Happy 30th when the day arrives.
    Cheers both!

I gave em a call (well, my partner did because I was a bit tired of calling), and they said they've not quite got them in the warehouse/store yet, but they're expecting to in the next day or two. There's ten people waiting, but only six guitars coming in... Thankfully, my name is next on the list as my order was placed almost 6 weeks ago.

They told us to expect a call/e-mail, so yeah, back to waiting.
    Is there a thread for people who can't deal with the wait for their new gear? I thought maybe I'd at least get an update today & it'd come early next week, but now... :anguished: I'm not angry or anything, as it's obviously no-ones fault, but ahhh god damnit I want it now.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6904
    Unlucky.

Is the guitar in stock elsewhere? I’d be tempted to cancel the order if it is and direct my cash elsewhere.

Previously known as stevebrum
  • Tenebrous said:
    Is there a thread for people who can't deal with the wait for their new gear? I thought maybe I'd at least get an update today & it'd come early next week, but now... :anguished: I'm not angry or anything, as it's obviously no-ones fault, but ahhh god damnit I want it now.
    You sound too nice! I'd be smashing them if they promised a delivery on Thursday then left me in the lurch. 
    Iamnobody said:
    Unlucky.

Is the guitar in stock elsewhere? I’d be tempted to cancel the order if it is and direct my cash elsewhere.

Nah. It was out of stock at Andertons before it was even officially released, and nowhere else has one. Honestly, I didn't think I'd get it from PMT, but out of the 6 that are coming in, I'm the first name outta 10 on the list, so I guess I'm lucky.

Tenebrous said:
    You sound too nice! I'd be smashing them if they promised a delivery on Thursday then left me in the lurch. 
    I mean, if they don't have it yet, they don't have it yet - Not really anyone's fault :bleep_bloop: Now, if they told me they didn't have one at all for me after almost 6 weeks, THEN I'd be kinda annoyed.
  • Wait till you want to send something back, then the fun starts with PMT... 

Never ever anwered an email/contact from me.

Good in store pre-sale service though ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I actually remember on my 18th, I bought quite a lot from them, including a Roland guitar synth that clocked in at around £400 (can't remember the exact name, but I think it was a GR-20). Anyway, I faffed around trying to fit it to my guitar with little success, walked back into the shop with it kinda all in the box, and they took it back without question.

Not actually been to the store since, but y'know, :+1: thumbs up for that.

ANYWAY! I have tracking information! It's coming tomorrow :astonished: Only a 6.5 week wait, but I guess others will be waiting even longer, so I can't complain too much. Still I'm actually excited now.
  • not really relevant but i ordered a wireless link  from them a couple of weeks ago for £73 and to make it over £100 for free carriage i added a few sets of strings. my wireless link arrived the next day minus the strings.i called them they were apologetic and the strings arrived the next day. cant complain really
  • Tenebrous said:
    I actually remember on my 18th, I bought quite a lot from them, including a Roland guitar synth that clocked in at around £400 (can't remember the exact name, but I think it was a GR-20). Anyway, I faffed around trying to fit it to my guitar with little success, walked back into the shop with it kinda all in the box, and they took it back without question.

Not actually been to the store since, but y'know, :+1: thumbs up for that.

ANYWAY! I have tracking information! It's coming tomorrow :astonished: Only a 6.5 week wait, but I guess others will be waiting even longer, so I can't complain too much. Still I'm actually excited now.
    Never mind, I got an email from DPD saying it's been delayed LOL. It's just not meant to be!