SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - Feline Tabby

What's Hot
JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8786
edited October 2018 in Guitars £
Right you lot.  Here's a gorgeous piece of lusciousness from @FelineGuitars ;;;;

You all know how good these are...

Back story is I got involved in some wild and crazy deal late one night after too much whisky and not enough ability at poker which led to me ending up with not one but two Felines...  Initial intention was to play both and keep one; then decided to keep both; then the winds of drunken recklessness led to further ill-advised purchases and to save me from sleeping in the car and seeing the kids once a month in a porta cabin round the back of Toymaster under the watchful eye of a social worker, something has gotta give.

Specs:

Ash, semi-hollow body (no 'f' holes, just heavily chambered)
Indian Rosewood fingerboard
Maple neck
Locking tuners
Oil City Pickups.
Hiscox hard case
Dunlop 6000 frets

Oil City Hardman neck pickup
Diesel Tapped in the bridge - with the tone pot in the normal position this is a 'vintage strength' pickup, pull up the tone pot and you get extra windings in circuit - thickens it up nicely and gives you a nice little boost (nothing major, but certainly nice)

Comes with two bridges, Wilkinson, traditional 'ash-tray' bridge with brass saddles currently fitted, and a rather cool 6 saddle version in the case.  Each intonated, and a quick 4 screw change to your taste, sir..

Weighs in at 3.1kg (6.975lb).

£1500 ono - as ever would prefer to hand over in person (and travel a reasonable distance to do so) as I think couriers do this stuff deliberately, but if necessary will discuss transportation options.

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    Thats Purty
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8786
    stuagu said:
    Thats Purty
    Innit tho?

And you could be caressing animal howls of pleasure from its sinuous curves so, so easily...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • danny_777danny_777 Frets: 660
    edited August 2018
    Didn't that sell on this forum literally 20 days ago for £1250 (or less)? http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/135194/gone-grab-a-bargain-feline-at-a-stupid-price/p1

Slightly poor form to grab it and whack it up less than 3 weeks later for £250 more, no?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6053
    I think the RSPCA should get involved. This poor thing is surely suffering abandonment issues.  ;)
    danny_777 said:
    Didn't that sell on this forum literally 20 days ago for £1250 (or less)? http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/135194/gone-grab-a-bargain-feline-at-a-stupid-price/p1

Slightly poor form to grab it and whack it up less than 3 weeks later for £250 more, no?
    Revolting form probably, if it were quite so simple. I acquired it and another as set out above as part of a semi-complicated arrangement involving both a whack of cash and a vintage guitar going the other way.

Rather keen to recoup some ‘value’, as is the nature of a ‘sale’, but thanks for the observations which I imagine will be most helpful to any prospective purchasers in seeking to haggle a deal. See the ‘ono’ bit next to the asking price? That’s code round here for ‘I’m open to offers’.

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11570
    tFB Trader
    No - it (along with another guitar) got traded against another vintage guitar with some sort of cash balancing, so Dr Cornelius could pay his house renovation bills and I think it's only gone back up because someone got caught up in this weeks Gibson R8 frenzy

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    No - it (along with another guitar) got traded against another vintage guitar with some sort of cash balancing, so Dr Cornelius could pay his house renovation bills and I think it's only gone back up because someone got caught up in this weeks Gibson R8 frenzy
    Is the correct answer!
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5730
    Would love to be selfishly exploited by your poor form on this. The looks coupled with the ceaseless glowing praise Felines always get make this one seriously desired tele. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    dazzajl said:
    Would love to be selfishly exploited by your poor form on this. The looks coupled with the ceaseless glowing praise Felines always get make this one seriously desired tele. 
    Well I can't tell you how ridiculously receptive to offers I am.  And, do you know, if one follows the trail of crumbs left by the forum's answer to Hercule Poirot, above, one might alight upon the elusive concept of my 'bottom line'...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited August 2018
    That has got to be the most civilised "don't be a dick" comeback I've ever seen! 

I too got caught up in the R8 drive by wallet raid, but that is a stunner! GLWTS 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    edited August 2018
    Hoooly moly

edit: this was based purely on the pictures of the guitar, not the surprisingly civil fracas that followed
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5730
    JerkMoans said:
    dazzajl said:
    Well I can't tell you how ridiculously receptive to offers I am.  And, do you know, if one follows the trail of crumbs left by the forum's answer to Hercule Poirot, above, one might alight upon the elusive concept of my 'bottom line'...
    I’d be ridiculously receptive to making you an offer but I just sunk all the money into a LP and traded that and a bit more into a TLL Marvin, so all I could offer you is good luck :(
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283

Can we award Mr Moans some sort of prize?

He's behaving exceptionally - I agree, if you don't like the guitar - don't comment, but why stick the knife in like this? Senseless

As someone who sells fairly regularly on here (and who has had more than his fair share of poor behaviour - including backing out of agreed trades with feeble excuses), if you want £1250 - you start at £1500++.

Advertise something at £1250 and you'll get offers at £950.

But regardless of that this attack blatantly breaks rule 6:

'Flag it if you genuinely think that an ad is dodgy or breaks the rules, don't harass the seller on the thread. Criticising prices counts as harassment  '

@TTony or @Jalapeno (sorry not sure who to flag to) are you aware of this?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    Well, elsewhere I'd just typed out my theory about making all Classifieds single posts and QED.*

Sorry, nice guitar GLWTS . 

* I don't really know if I've used that correctly.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • DontgiveupyourdayjobDontgiveupyourdayjob Frets: 3811
    edited August 2018
    I have no idea if this is a fair price for something like this, don't know enough about Felines to comment. All I know is...

A ) It looks freaking awesome!
    B )  I couldn't afford it at either £1250 or £1500. 

GLWTS

Fair play to danny_777 for apologising.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27433
    Thread tidied up.

Anyone unaware of the rules applicable to commenting on a FS thread, read them before commenting.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6385
    As @Ttony (aka Mrs Mopp) has cleaned up, my only observation is "travel a reasonable distance" - from where exactly ?

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    edited August 2018
    Jalapeno said:
    As @Ttony (aka Mrs Mopp) has cleaned up, my only observation is "travel a reasonable distance" - from where exactly ?

It was all good, clean fun.

I’m in that London: work slap bang in the middle; recline on cushions in the evening in the louche pleasure grounds of Barnet.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoans said:
    danny_777 said:

Revolting form probably, if it were quite so simple. I acquired it and another as set out above as part of a semi-complicated arrangement involving both a whack of cash and a vintage guitar going the other way.

Rather keen to recoup some ‘value’, as is the nature of a ‘sale’, but thanks for the observations which I imagine will be most helpful to any prospective purchasers in seeking to haggle a deal. See the ‘ono’ bit next to the asking price? That’s code round here for ‘I’m open to offers’.

Fair do, no need to be a dick! Does seem like a complete waste of time, however, to price it - however nominally - at £1500 when it took a while to sell even at £1300, just three weeks ago and on the very same forum! May as well put £100,000 and leave those "breadcrumbs" mentioned...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoans said:
    danny_777 said:
    JerkMoans said:
    dazzajl said:
    So why even bother putting £1500 as the price when you state on the very same page that you will sell it for - I'm assuming - £1250? What's the point? Why not just put £150,000 with a 'winky face' next to it? Just seems like a waste of time to me...
    Oh please give this tedious nonsense a rest.  I'm trying to sell a guitar here.  The Marxist-Leninist lessons in economic morality might sit a little easier from the mouth of a fellow who did not openly boast of chopping out his masterbuilt strat for a grand more than he'd paid.
    Ever visited /r/iamverysmart? I think they'd like you.

It's not "economic morality", it's something known as forum etiquette.

While I appreciate you digging through my posts to try and find some sort of retort, I'll note that FYI, that was value increase over time. Not a 20-day turnaround.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom