SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT 1988 USA Standard Strat **NOW TRADED**

sid51greensid51green Frets: 16
edited November 2018 in Guitars £

For sale my 1988 USA standard strat.

After much thought I have decided it’s time to move this guitar on! Its always been second best to my other 80’s strat which fills all my single coil fendery requirements!

This is from what I know is a 1988 model, the hang tag stamp is blurry but coupled with the period these were made I am 99% sure it’s this year.

It has the double E prefix to the serial number which indicates it was destined for the export market, something which I believe from research fender didn’t use that long!

I have checked and there are oddly no neck markings/stamps to be seen in the pocket or on the neck itself.

I bought this from the original owner in the early nineties, I changed the scratch plate, back plate to a genuine fender replacement mother of pearl and the nut was changed to a black graphite as the original had a chip/crack out of it. All the rest of it is factory standard.

The case it’s currently sitting in (shown on the photos) is a tweed replacement, the original case (late 70’s -80’s black fender rectangular type) is included in the sale. I’m wanting to keep the tweed as a spare.

Condition wise it’s it good shape for a 30 year old, plenty of wear left in the frets/fretboard in good shape too.

Body has surface scratches above the scratch plate (original owner was a rhythm player as I recall) and there are small marks and small indents but nothing major, again it’s 30 year old guitar but it’s been looked after since I got it.

If your wanting any more info on this/more pics of any particular area let me know.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/142209859@N06/shares/Q1Y3H8

Hopefully the pics work, my first attempt with Flickr! 

I’m not looking for another guitar but if anyone was interested I would take a p/x cash on a fender combo, tweed type valve amp, 20-30 watts power range ish.

£900 - now £850

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments