Calculate Thread On a Screw-In Floyd Rose Tremolo Arm

On my Strat I have a screw-in Floyd Rose tremolo arm that unfortunately sits quite close to the volume knob.

And so I want to get one that has a slightly longer vertical section, before bending forward towards the lower horn of the guitar (if you see what I mean).

An old Far Eastern Sung tremolo arm seems to fit correctly - but I remember reading that metric thread and imperial thread mis-match can ruin the three on the tree / arm.

How would I calculate what is the nature and size of the thread on my Floyd Rose arm please?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11570
    tFB Trader
    Is it a proper floyd? 
    If so then the new push in replacement arm (with fitting seems to sit the arm slightly higher (unless deliberately shortened, so it may well sit it above the knob height

I have some for sale here

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• PMed...
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11570
    tFB Trader
    FYI - the height from the plate to the underside of the arm on one of these is about 23mm.

I have shortened one of my own as on that guitar i preferred a lower profile arm.
    I ground a couple of mm from the bottom of the vertical part of the bar

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!