Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Meris pedal - sounds synthy

What's Hot

Comments

• Into a 65 DRRI.
    Hiwatt > 65 DRRI
    Heathen.
    I was a die hard fender amp lover for years. 
    My hiwatt blew my twin out of the water
    I would be interested trying my board into a Hiwatt, especially to see how much clarity I get from my mods/delays/reverbs, etc.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Into a 65 DRRI.
    Hiwatt > 65 DRRI
    Heathen.
    I would be interested trying my board into a Hiwatt, especially to see how much clarity I get from my mods/delays/reverbs, etc.
    You're welcome to try mine fella
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Into a 65 DRRI.
    Hiwatt > 65 DRRI
    Heathen.
    You're welcome to try mine fella
    Cheers, pal, may well do that.
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    Agh, this can't arrive soon enough. I've made space on my board and EVERYTHING
  • VJIves said:
    Mine doesn’t arrive for another week... well that’s what Gear4Music said. Where did you order yours?
    VJIves said:
    Mine doesn’t arrive for another week... well that’s what Gear4Music said. Where did you order yours?
    Samesies! I've just bought a loop switcher and I have a lot of decisions to make about what to put where... 8 loops, each with 8 dipswitches, and about 17 pedals to try and organise.
  • VJIves said:
    VJIves said:
    Samesies! I've just bought a loop switcher and I have a lot of decisions to make about what to put where... 8 loops, each with 8 dipswitches, and about 17 pedals to try and organise.
    Holy fuckballs... did you get an ES8?
    VJIves said:
    VJIves said:
    Nah, as soon as a pedal has a screen I assume I'll get lost in menus and lose all my enthusiasm. These looked super basic and tactile, so I picked up a cool white one: http://www.flexreaction.com/compound-88.html ;
  • VJIves said:
    VJIves said:
    VJIves said:
    Nah, as soon as a pedal has a screen I assume I'll get lost in menus and lose all my enthusiasm. These looked super basic and tactile, so I picked up a cool white one: http://www.flexreaction.com/compound-88.html ;
    Ah, they look good: can you switch the order of the loops in different presets?

I tried an ES5, but trying to set up MIDI made me invent several new exotic swears... 
    VJIves said:

I tried an ES5, but trying to set up MIDI made me invent several new exotic swears... 
    I don't think so, but so long as I plan it out right, that won't be an issue. 

Midi is beyond me, but aside from the Enzo the only midi pedal I have is a Tonal Recall. My Source Audio Reflex has some midi functionality but I haven't dug into that yet. I'm not trying to be one of those 'my board is done forever, I don't need to buy pedals ever again!' people, but there's really nothing exciting now until the new version of the Particle comes out.
  • VJIves said:
    VJIves said:

Midi is beyond me, but aside from the Enzo the only midi pedal I have is a Tonal Recall. My Source Audio Reflex has some midi functionality but I haven't dug into that yet. I'm not trying to be one of those 'my board is done forever, I don't need to buy pedals ever again!' people, but there's really nothing exciting now until the new version of the Particle comes out.
    The Particle V2 is my next pedal buy as well!
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7754
    VJIves said:
    VJIves said:

So what's on the board now ?
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    edited September 2018
    Paul_C said:
    This is basically it, the Enzo's going in that big gap top right. Underneath there's an Xotic compressor, a boost I made that runs straight after the Broadcast, and two Friedman Power Grids. I can fit a low profile noise gate under there too so I'll probably pick up a TC Sentry at some point. This does mean my Charlie Foxtrot's up for grabs, which is a Paul C pedal if ever I saw one!
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1887/44712660831_d773512538_b.jpg
    That photo doesn't do a great job of showing it, but there's quite a lot going on tier-wise so I have easy access to all the momentary switches:
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1879/43995051594_89a18cfbf1_z.jpg

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7754
    VJIves said:
    Paul_C said:
    This is basically it, the Enzo's going in that big gap top right. Underneath there's an Xotic compressor, a boost I made that runs straight after the Broadcast, and two Friedman Power Grids. I can fit a low profile noise gate under there too so I'll probably pick up a TC Sentry at some point. This does mean my Charlie Foxtrot's up for grabs, which is a Paul C pedal if ever I saw one!
    That photo doesn't do a great job of showing it, but there's quite a lot going on tier-wise so I have easy access to all the momentary switches:

Nice :)

The Charlie Foxtrot has been on and off my wishlist, so I'll have to remind myself what one does ;)

I've got five birthdays coming up in the next six weeks, but to balance that I have had quite a lot of work recently.

I'll do some sums :)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 949
    VJIves said:
    Paul_C said:

I absolutely love the look of this board. Do you have links to any of your music? 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    joetele said:
    I absolutely love the look of this board. Do you have links to any of your music? 
    Just some awful home demos at the moment. Basically my talented friend writes beautiful, folk-ish songs, and then I ruin her work with grotesque noise. Maybe the Enzo will nice things up a bit.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hold up with the UK distributor, delivery now delayed until 1st October, according to G4M. Irritating.
    Hold up with the UK distributor, delivery now delayed until 1st October, according to G4M. Irritating.
    Not sure I buy that, given that https://reverb.com/uk/shop/fxpedalrental already have theirs. I wonder if G4M sold more than their quota and we're having to wait for the second batch.
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2218
    edited September 2018
    Do FX Pedal Rental deal with the same distributor?
    I mean, I don’t know for sure, but I’d be very surprised if a company as small as Meris had more than one distributor for Europe.