WTB: chrome jack socket nut + washer

What's Hot
Does anyone have a spare chrome jack socket nut and rubber washer? Or, failing that, a complete jack socket inc. chrome nut and washer?

I need one with an outside thread diameter of 9.40 mm to replace one missing from a Radial DI box.

I've got loads of jack sockets with chrome nuts but they've all got outside thread diameter of 8.70 mm.

Anyone got one kicking around?

Thx!

R.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72307
    One of these?

https://media.sweetwater.com/api/i/q-82__ha-84b7ca274c8440f3__hmac-8dc0c54a23b22f8561a1211f883b536ff2d9d533/images/items/750/JDI-large.jpg

If so, take out the other one and post a pic of it, there are dozens (possibly not an exaggeration!) of very slightly different types of these all with different thread sizes and lengths. I have a drawer full of them and you're more than welcome to one if we can match it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042
    edited September 2018
    One of these, actually:

I did take a photo, but forgot to include it.

Here we go:

I want one like the one on the right left. The outside thread diameter is 9.40 mm.

The socket on the right is what I have loads of and the nut is too small (thread 8.70 mm).

Would be great if you had something.

R.
    You mean the one on the left? ;)

Yes, I have ones like that. I'll send you a couple as there are still some very slight variations and it's hard to tell for certain even in that pic! Final question - does the black plastic ring have a raised ridge or a recess around the edge of the hole on the panel side?

PM me your address too :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    You mean the one on the left?

Yes, I have ones like that. I'll send you a couple as there are still some very slight variations and it's hard to tell for certain even in that pic! Final question - does the black plastic ring have a raised ridge or a recess around the edge of the hole on the panel side?

PM me your address too .
    Yes, the left. That's what I said.

Here's another couple of pics:

I'll send you my address now - much appreciated. I owe you beer tokens. :)

R.
  • @ICBM - package arrived. Perfect, thanks.

Finished project:

I got it as "spares or repair", with all case screws and and one jack nut missing.

Screws were 24p + VAT each from the UK Radial distributor - they send me an invoice for £1.15, which I paid upfront and they had to order the screws in from Canada and sent them to me via DHL :)

At first, I thought it didn't work as the 48V LED doesn't light up (when plugged into either my soundcard (Presonus Firestudio mobile) or desktop mixer (Yamaha MG10/2), but I have another one that I bought new and it is just the same. Both measure a lower voltage on the pins of the XLR internally (one is 16.9 V, the other is 19.6 V) but both seem to function perfectly. I also have a Radial Stagebug SB-4 Piezo, and the 48V LED lights up on that. Not sure why both J48s don't light up.

Ah well - it works, which is the main thing.

R.
    Great - and thanks for helping reduce the amount of accumulated junk in my workshop :).

I can never quite bring myself to throw stuff like this away, since as you can see there are an almost infinite number of tiny variations even on ones of the same thread! If the job warrants it I like to make sure I can get an exact cosmetic match as well as fitting.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom