Taylor Expression System Identification

I need a little help from someone more knowledgeable than I!

I have just bought a Taylor 312ce from 2006. It’s a lovely instrument but the pickup is a little different to the usual. It has the same 3 knobs on the top bout but the battery is inside the guitar, not next to the end pin. It’s a 9v battery not AA. It hasnt got the piezo under the bridge either. 

Anyone know what this is? It sounds great. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    Some investigation later and I think it's an ES 1.2. Still, I'm used to seeing the battery compartment mounted at the end strap pin rather than in the body.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72311
    Simon_M said:
    Some investigation later and I think it's an ES 1.2. Still, I'm used to seeing the battery compartment mounted at the end strap pin rather than in the body.
    You've got the better version. The tubular AA battery holder is notorious for rattling if the batteries are a bit undersized and sometimes jamming if they're oversized.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Simon_M said:
    It hasn't got the piezo under the bridge either. ... It sounds great. 
    Good choice. My musical collaborator's 2013 Taylor has the ES2 system. Plug in. Record. No issues. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    ICBM said:
    Simon_M said:
    You've got the better version. The tubular AA battery holder is notorious for rattling if the batteries are a bit undersized and sometimes jamming if they're oversized.
    Brilliant! Good stroke of luck then. :) I’m going to replace the battery when I put new strings on as it’s been in there for a little while according to the chap I bought it off. I really like the cleanness of the end pin/output jack. Looks much nicer than the chunky plastic AA holder.