S1 Volume pot with Hotrails

Does anyone know how to wire an S1 Volume/Switch with a Seymour Duncan Hot Rail into a Strat with two other single coils and 2 tones controls. I basically want to be able to switch the "Humbucker" to a single coil at the press of a button etc...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The S1 switch is a 4 pole double throw switch, but is laid out very logically. Its overkill for a simple coil split as you only need to use two of the twelve terminals for a simple make/break switch. Anyway, each switch pole is a group of three terminals laid out as such around the perimeter of the base of the switch (i.e. four groups of three terminals). Taking one pole as an example (any will do, ignore the other three poles), the centre is the 'common' which is connected to one or other of the adjacent terminals within that pole. Which terminal the central 'common' is connected to depends on the switch position - off the top of my head I can't remember which way round it is (left 'up' and right 'down'???) but you should be able to continuity test it quickly to determine which way around. Anyway, once you've determind that, just connect the pair of tap wires to the 'common' (centre) and another wire going to earth from whichever terminal (right???) is connected to 'common' in the switch 'down' position.

The rest of the wiring is exactly like standard Strat wiring - loads of sites with diagrams for that on the web, including Seymour Duncan site.
  • I basically want to be able to switch the "Humbucker" to a single coil at the press of a button etc...
    For how long? The Fender S-1 switch is not all that reliable. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • No idea @twerpuser69. But I got a Cool Rails put into my Am Std Strat about 5 years ago by Graham Noden in Denmark Street. Well worth the money and I love it, set up to behave the other way round to what you said above. Without doing anything, the rails acts like a single coil, so I can still play twangy bridge or middle and bridge single coils if needed. I asked for a pull-out volume knob to turn the humbucker on and it does exactly what I was hoping for. I normally play through my Marshall JCM900 or other people's gear at jam nights.