SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS GSPASSES/LAMF68 Jazzmaster loaded with Full Mastery & Mojo *SOLD PENDING*

What's Hot

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22697
    Jazzmasters are not my thing but I think it's a bloody shame you can't get £650 for that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunk said:
    Just read properly and the M1 bridge won’t fit into my MIJ. 

I’d be happy to buy the loom and pickups :)
    I had one in my green MIJ JM Immy. 
    It was rock solid in that. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3003
    Philly_Q said:
    Jazzmasters are not my thing but I think it's a bloody shame you can't get £650 for that.
    Yeah, agreed, although at the minute I’d take £600 plus p&p for it.

that said I think @meltedbuzzbox and @blueskunk are there or thereabouts with buying enough parts to trigger splitting it for parts and I might know a guy up this way that’s after the neck & body
  • blueskunk said:

Oh ok, I thought it was the M2 for Japanese Fenders?
    blueskunk said:
    blueskunk said:

Oh ok, I thought it was the M2 for Japanese Fenders?
    Much as I’m keen to make a sale I must confess that’s the impression I got from reading the Mastery website as well.
  • #Metoo ^^^^
  • I took my one out of a mij and slapped it into a CS with no issues. 

Both of my bridges have Mastery written on them opposed to the Masterchef symbol thats on them now days
    I believe as this one is @impmann 's old one it will be the same. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    I actually can’t remember at the minute and as @guitargeek62 is currently “on tour” he won’t be able to confirm until his return next weekend I’m afraid 
  • I don’t like questioning @meltedbuzzbox knowledge on all things offset but, it would be just my luck for it not to fit my MIJ JM or rattle or buzz or just not work properly !!

If the good Dr decides to part it , I’ll have the loom and pickups for sure :)

• Immy, definitely grab them Mojo's mate. He is the daddy of Jazzmaster pickups.

And always question my knowledge. 
    If you were closer I'd let you try the mastery in your mij. 
    I dare say there is another fret boarder around your way with a mastery bridge
  • Many thanks man. I’ll keep my eyes out, no biggy at the moment as the mustang bridge is ok and stable.  

Long term it will be going and I have used the stay trem which is brilliant but I am intrigued about the mastery.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Where are you based @blueskunk ?
    If you’re anywhere near the bit of Sarf London that Si calls home I’m sure that, once he’s back you’d be welcome to go and check out the loom & pickups in action , and also see if the bridge fitted your MIJ.
    Failing that if you were anywhere near Glasgow I am pondering getting it shipped up here too.

If I’m being honest I’m at a bit of a Crossroads with what to do with it.

On the one hand with the combo of Graham’s woodwork excellence, Rich’s paint magic,Marc’s pickup wizardry, Huws loom, and of course the ironwork from Mastery & Gotoh it’s a great guitar and certainly the equal of any other Jazzmaster sub Fender CS and possibly more.
    So to flog it for peanuts seems a foolish move especially as it would cost a fortune to build another as good for when the urge to bust out the “bad Mascis” impersonations is strong.

So when that mindset strikes I’m tempted to just stick it under the bed.

Problem is, there’s already quite a lot of other lumber secreted under the bed, other great guitars that just don’t get played because once the initial infatuation fades I always end up going back to my Strat. Which funnily enough has woodwork by Graham, paint by Rich, pickups by Marc. And so we go round again !

If you did want the pickups, loom, and bridge and melted deffo wanted the trem I think that might trigger the sale decision !
    Equally if someone else wanted the bridge that would probably do it too..
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I definitely want the vibrato unit
  • I’m nowhere near either Glasgow or London I am in Manchester. Thanks though man.  

Funnily enough I’m in Altrincham tomorrow but I don’t have the guitar with me
  • :)
  • Hello

ill buy the Bridge, Trem, Pickups and Loom. 

Can yoh let me know the price for all.

im in Leeds, can pay by PayPal, and am ready to buy

thanks

Chris
    Hello

ill buy the Bridge, Trem, Pickups and Loom. 

Can yoh let me know the price for all.

im in Leeds, can pay by PayPal, and am ready to buy

thanks

Chris
    Chris,

Thanks for the offer, If I split the guitar there are dibs on pretty much all that you’re offering to buy I’m afraid. I’m just hanging on for a bit longer to see if I can get a sale of trade on the whole guitar 
    Price Drop offer for a London collection 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    *Sold pending monies arriving 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom