SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Tokai Love Rock LS150F VF MIJ

What's Hot
OnparOnpar Frets: 416
edited April 2019 in Guitars £
UPDATED: The good folk on thefretboard have pointed me in the right direction with regards to year and I have updated the ad accordingly.

For sale is my Tokai Love Rock - Made In Japan 

This is basically a LP style guitar made by the fine luthiers in Japan. This is a high quality instrument and I originally thought the serial number dates back to 1981 when I researched it. I am not an expert on Tokai guitars so you may know more than I do about it but what I do know is that is a cracking guitar made to a very high quality. EDIT: I have been advised this is actually a 2010 model and not from 1981.

I have now posted new photos including showing underneath the neck pickup cavity, so you can see the neck tenon join.

This thing sounds incredible with 2 PAF style humbuckers and has a stunning flame maple top (the photos never do it justice). Includes hard case. Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.

A very reluctant sale. Looking for £690, offers considered. NOW £600!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• photekphotek Frets: 1463
    Have you got a pic of the front of the headstock, it looks like it has the dimple headstock that started in the mid 80’s so might not be an ‘81. Looks lovely though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    edited September 2018
    It's a 2010 model, probably a LS-85 or 95
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • OnparOnpar Frets: 416
    Hi John_A, that is interesting. I purchased it used and didnt know much about, just knew it looks and sounds ace so bought it. I checked the serial number on a website that had Tokai serial numbers correlating to years and it looked like it was from 81. What nakes it a 2010 model? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 81 would be inked serial no not stamped and made in japan would not be there that started happening around 2003/4
    great guitars tho i have just sold my 2003 model i think i have made a mistake . Mine was an LS 75f with the rare open book head stock. As has been said LS 85/95F the model no denotes how much the guitar cost in japanese yen.
    Onpar said:
    Hi John_A, that is interesting. I purchased it used and didnt know much about, just knew it looks and sounds ace so bought it. I checked the serial number on a website that had Tokai serial numbers correlating to years and it looked like it was from 81. What nakes it a 2010 model? 
    1989 and on the year is the first 2 digits, so 10 is 2010 which can easily be confused with 1981, but as said above the 'dimple' didnt appear until about 1985
    Thanks guys. I was born in 81 so was delighted to think I had a guitar built in that year. Guess i got that wrong! 
    geordie01 said:
    81 would be inked serial no not stamped and made in japan would not be there that started happening around 2003/4
    great guitars tho i have just sold my 2003 model i think i have made a mistake . Mine was an LS 75f with the rare open book head stock. As has been said LS 85/95F the model no denotes how much the guitar cost in japanese yen.
    An open book headstock doesn't make it rare, just that it was a model intended for the Japanese market, there's lots of them around
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    geordie01 said:
    81 would be inked serial no not stamped and made in japan would not be there that started happening around 2003/4

That's very correct too
    Also, it wasn't made in the FujiGen plant, Tokai have their own plant in Hamamatsu 
    Okay will update the ad. Cheers.
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3983
    Also it's not actually a guitar, it's a small bunch of plastic flowers.

Now you're Hitler.
    14reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Ad updated.
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 783
    If you look in the pup cavities you may find the model no, you will also see in the neck pup cavity whether it has the long tenon joint witch will mean it's LS 135 and upwards.(although this model is quite rare). The LS 150's where going for £1250 at richtone in 2010.
  • John_A said:
    geordie01 said:
    An open book headstock doesn't make it rare, just that it was a model intended for the Japanese market, there's lots of them around

Makes it rare for me as i have  just sold mine why did i do it

Price changed to £690 to reflect year of manufacture.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6104
    edited October 2018
    gordiji said:
    If you look in the pup cavities you may find the model no, you will also see in the neck pup cavity whether it has the long tenon joint witch will mean it's LS 135 and upwards.(although this model is quite rare). The LS 150's where going for £1250 at richtone in 2010.
    I'd recommend doing this as it it's a LS135 or above then you'd typically be looking at used prices of £800+ for such an instrument. These Japanese Tokais are very fine instruments.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    Price drop to £625. 
    A quality  LP style guitar
    Final drop £600
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6104
    That's a bargain price for such a guitar. Those Japanese built Tokais are outstanding instruments. Tokai's QC is outstanding.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"