SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Tokai Love Rock LS150F VF MIJ

What's Hot

Comments

• OnparOnpar Frets: 416
    edited March 2019
    Yes an absolute bargain. I recently cleaned it, oiled the fret board and put a new set of strings on. I have had custom shop Les Paul, R9 etc and this really is not far off that quality - not quite as good but 95% of the way there. The reason for the sale is I need the cash and I just don't get on with Les Paul style guitars. Ergonomically they just don't suit me. I wish they did and I keep buying them but they don't suit me. If I didn't need the cash I would keep it just for the looks.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Still for sale.

Would consider trades. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4692
    What part of Cambridgeshire are you in?
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • PonchoGregPonchoGreg Frets: 764
    Did you ever do what others have recommended here and check the neck pickup cavity, potentially for a model number stamp but also to check the tenon? It looks eerily similar to mine (2005 ls150) at first glance and these are worth a fair bit more.

In any case, looks stunning and a really good deal at that price regardless of actual model. That's a lot of LP for £600
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
    I checked the pickup cavity and there is no model number stamp. How else could I identify it? 
    edited March 2019
    Help.  I really want to buy this guitar but I want to know what it is.  Any thoughts chaps?
  • sxardsxard Frets: 35
    IIRC, aside from whether the tenon is long or not (which I don't think has been stated), the other thing to look at would be the control cavity. If the pots are CTS and there's an Orange Sprague drop cap, then that (like a long tenon joint) would suggest that it's one of the premium line guitars (LS150 or above).
    The tenon is not long but is not short. It come out about an inch or so in a u shape. I'm sure you have gathered I'm no expert!! 
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6095
    Onpar said:
    The tenon is not long but is not short. It come out about an inch or so in a u shape. I'm sure you have gathered I'm no expert!! 
    It it's an inch long then it sounds like a long tenon to me..
    As @sxard says check out the pots and caps too.

check out this pick:

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Onpar said:
    That’s typical Tokai. Don’t obsess about tenon length, they are very good guitars
    I have been the one asking the questions which the OP is trying to answer, simply, because I wanted to know what model the guitar is.   I was a bit put off by it being, seemingly, unidentifiable amongst a plethora of different LS whatevers and was doing my due diligence.   I have reinstated my original offer to buy and await hearing further.
    UPDATE
    This guitar is still for sale. 
    There have been a number of enquiries and offers to buy but they have fallen through. This is still for sale. 
    I will sell to the first available buyer that can meet and do the deal. 
    I will not be holding this again. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Bump still for sale
    Images of neck pickup cavity

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Still struggling to identify this. No marking under neck pickup cavity or the pot cavity!
    But it does have CTS pots and orange caps. Someone has suggested it might be an LS128.
    Tokai just advised its LS150F VF made in 2010
    SOLD
  • RebarRebar Frets: 134
    I'm surprised it took as long as 1hr 13mins to sell after being confirmed as an LS150! Someone has gotten a cracking deal. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3185
    Rebar said:
    I'm surprised it took as long as 1hr 13mins to sell after being confirmed as an LS150! Someone has gotten a cracking deal. 
    This^
    Whoever got this got a bargain, @onpar should have raised the price. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom