1992 Squier Strat

What's Hot
Does anyone know the going rate for a S/H MIJ Squier Strat? Are they any good? I'm tempted by one locally but don't know how much they should go for.

I had a look at eBay and there are a couple but the prices look a bit optimistic to me but maybe they are worth more than I thought...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    How much is the local one going for?

I can't quote you an exact price, suffice to say that yes, there are some rather 'hopeful' price tags hung on these.

FWIW I know people on ebay often look for in excess of £200 for those silver series.

A while ago I saw in an ad a lefty 88 jap squier. It had been upgraded and well set up but at £500 there were no takers.

• Ah, f**k it. Why do I succumb to cheapy GAS temptation so easily :)

Guitars++

It's got a pretty weighty body and a properly chunky neck which I wasn't expecting. A quick blast at home and with some new strings is going to be a decent bit I kit I think.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    You sir are weak. Weak I tells you...

Just like the rest of us! Good man, have a pirate yarr :ar!
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10265
    I've got an early nineties Jap Squier Strat and a few years ago decided to strip the body back to bare wood and when stripped the body turned out to he made of high density fibre board.I was well gutted and ended up replacing the body with a mid nineties one and giving the original one to my brother in law to practice his spraying on.Has anyone else ever heard of this before as I've never heard of anyone experiencing this.To be fair after many changes of parts all that exists of the original guitar is the neck and bridge and they will go into my Dave Murray Strat replica I'm currently building.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    I've got an early nineties squier strat as well though mine is chinese and it's made of plywood. I only found out when I played a natural strat I really liked and decided to strip the finish off. It lay in bits for the next 14 years. Actually doesn't sound too bad now it has new electrics and pickups. Don't play it much though, only when I want to play my first ever guitar on a nostalgia trip.