SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - Musicman Sterling Sub Five String SOLD

impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
edited September 2018 in Basses £
I recently bought this but have decided its not for me. Great neck, plays superbly and sounds MASSIVE! The active EQ system can dial in huge amounts of bass and/or treble. Its in near perfect condition and comes with a soft case.

I think I'm really after a Jazz Bass (or a Precision tbh - can't really go wrong with them), and probably a four string - will consider trades, will put a few squids into a deal if needed... but I really am not posting. Sorry all, but its an utter pain in the chuff - I can't wait in for couriers due to work commitments and it won't be insured anyway. So, I'm more than happy to jump in the car and meet up somewhere or you are most welcome to come and try it out at my place, near Kettering, Northants.

I'm after £250 for this lovely bass.  Any questions, please ask... 

NOW SOLD THANKS

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• That really would be everything I need for my build, with a body and neck left over.

If only you were closer! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    Could meet some point in the middle @Legionreturns ... not beyond the bounds etc... ;-)

• "The middle" is still a f of a long way to drive for a relatively cheap bass. If we came up with a price to dismantle it and send the bits I want would that be too much of a ball ache? 

"The middle" is still a f of a long way to drive for a relatively cheap bass. If we came up with a price to dismantle it and send the bits I want would that be too much of a ball ache? 
    TBH, I wouldn't want to be left with some bits. Its all or nowt! :-)

I'd consider taking the neck off and sending the whole thing *assuming I can find a box* (or if you have one) for the cost of the courier...

• LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited September 2018
    Yeah that's fair enough. I'll have a think mate. 

If @GSPBASSES hadn't already nearly finished my body and neck build I probably would have taken the whole thing and stripped it down. As is, it seems a bit silly to buy an entire donor guitar when I'll likely end up upgrading some of the parts anyway. 

No stress. :-)

Same offer to anyone else that wants it. I've been told that if you send guitar parts its insured... so neck off makes a lot of sense!! :-)

• @impmann @Legionreturns - I would collect it for you and leave it at mine to pick up when you are down if that would help?
  • @impmann @Legionreturns - I would collect it for you and leave it at mine to pick up when you are down if that would help?
    I'm now sorted for bridge, pickup and almost done on machine heads, so realistically, there's not enough on this that is useful to me for the money. Thanks for the offer though. 

Maybe you should just buy it instead? ;) 

I'm now sorted for bridge, pickup and almost done on machine heads, so realistically, there's not enough on this that is useful to me for the money. Thanks for the offer though. 

Maybe you should just buy it instead? ;) 
    5 string?????????

Wash your mouth out....
  • (though for those twisted enough to want a 5 string, these are exceptionally good ones and I'd def. recommend!) 

;)
  • Legionreturns said:
    almost done on machine heads
    Are you fixed for these yet? I have a Schaller BML set stashed away somewhere. Obviously, you would need to dismantle one of them to reverse the key to suit a 3+1 headstock. Simples!
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.